Saturday, July 30, 2011

Fishin' for Cupcakes!...

to view an image up-close, please click on a photo
 Yikes, it's already been another week and I've been busy as a bee (hint, hint, something "buzz"-worthy is coming next week) but I just had to pause in my frantic efforts to unpack our things to make a birthday card for our cousin, Rob. He and his family just moved from the frozen tundra on the East Coast and I thought it would be fun to make him a bright, happy card...but remind him fondly of his arctic days! So, I got out the ever-sweet Capture My Heart from Taylored Expressions and got busy.

One of my favorite things is when I can use a stamp and apply it in many different ways...this little penguin usually fishes a heart from the ice, but to make this a birthday card, all I had to do was replace it with a darling little cupcake cut from patterned paper! Eazy-peezy, yes? If only all things were as simple!

BEAN NOTES
Stamps: Capture My Heart, It's a Banner Day 1 (Taylored Expressions)
Patterned Paper: Lime Twist Life of the Party (My Mind's Eye)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko); Rose Red Classic Dye (Stampin' Up!)
Cardstock: Rose Red and Whisper White (Stampin' Up!)
Dies: Banner Day 1 (TE); Scalloped Square Bigz (Sizzix)
Coloring Medium: Sketch Markers (Copic)

3 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

So so cute!!!! tfs!!!

Ann Schach said...

Adorable, Regina! I love your color selection!

Unknown said...

Super CUTE!! I love penquins, and this he is a cutie! ;o)