Tuesday, September 27, 2011

thank YOU (Cool Technique!)...

to view an image up-close, please click on a photo
I was supposed to be cleaning the house, but I decided those dust-bunnies could wait when I saw this week's Simon Says Stamp Dies Challenge as well as a cool technique featured on Make it Monday. I own a lot of thin dies and when I watched this video on how to use them to make my own chipboard accents, I was hooked! I got out these adorable little tag dies and decided to run them through my Big Shot several times using an old cereal box as suggested. After gluing the layers together, I was left with perfect little chipboard embellies!
I decided to make a thank you card (my fave) and stamped a letter with stamps from Taylored Expressions on each tag, pairing everything with some pretty patterned paper from my stash. A bit of lacy ribbon and I was all done!

BEAN NOTES
Stamps: You're My Type- Upper & Lower (Taylored Expressions)
Cardstock: Aqua Mist, Terracotta Tile (Papertrey Ink); More Mustard (SU!)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa (Tsukineko)
Patterned Paper: Autumn Vine (SU!)
Dies: Tiny Tags Collection, Medium Scallop Border (TE)
Fibers: Lace Ribbon (Kate's Paperie)

9 comments:

Colleen said...

wow, those are awesome and you lined everything up so well...fabulous card!

Joy said...

Gorgeous, really love your thick chipboard technique... thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous card ! I LOVE the way you made the tags and the simple design is gorgeous :)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Ann Schach said...

Thanks for sharing this technique video! I can't wait to try it! Adorable card!

Kimberly Rendino said...

I love this card! What a great idea!!!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

What a great idea with the Tiny Tags....

Teresa said...

Cute little tags. You sure did have to die cut a lot of them.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card! I love the tags you created! ;o)

Annie Rose said...

These tags look so cute! I love it.