Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Frame Your Imagination...Taylored Expressions Sneak Peek Day 1!


December Release At a Glance
  • It's Petite-a-Palooza as we introduce A DOZEN new Petite stamp sets, plus one new A la Carte, from every stamp collection available at Taylored Expressions.
  • Tuesday is Calendar Day as we showcase FOUR new TE calendar products - all perfect for gift giving!
  • Wednesday is Card Kit Day as we introduce FOUR new Taylored Card Kits available just in time for the holidays!
  • All of the new products will be available for purchase on Thursday, December 1st at 8 am PST. You'll find it all in the Fresh out of the Oven Department at the Taylored Expressions Store. 
  • Join us as a fan on Facebook for an early peek at the stamp sets, as well as a SPECIAL Facebook GIVEAWAY, on Wednesday night beginning at approximately 6 pm PST.

For my U.S. readers, I hope you all stuffed yourselves silly with turkey and trimmings on Thanksgiving! It's the end of November, which means the beginning of the next month's release from Taylored Expressions! This week is Petite-A-Palooza, which means the Baker's Dozen will be showcasing a bevy of Petite sets from TE! Today is Calendar Day and I have a fun project for you that would make a lovely gift (though, I'm going to be stingy with mine and keep it all to myself!)


For my calendar project, I got to create with a very cool Frame Your Imagination Calendar Stand from the TE Store. It's made of wood and can be altered with paint, paper, embellishments, etc. When I sat down to create my project, I found that I had no paint in the house! So, after doing a little research, I discovered that I could "paint" with craft ink! After sanding, I sponged on some light blue ink and, after leaving it alone overnight, I sealed it with a glue sealant. 

I got to play with the soon-to-be-released Petite, Apple Wreath, which is one of the latest in one of my favorite lines of Seasonal Wreaths. This wonderful concept from DT Coordinator Jami Sibley is so darling and perfect for my September page (the FYI Calendar Stand coordinates with the digital 6 x 6 Calendar Inserts and 6 x 6 Page Protectors) and after stamping the wreath and coloring, I die-cut it with the coordinating die that fits all of these wreaths. I added a little Glossy Accents for some real apple shine and a wee gingham ribbon. 

If you are trying to envision what a full calendar might look like, check out this fun list of suggestions from Taylor:

January - Snowflake Wreath (NEW) or 4th of July Wreath colored for Winter/New Year's

February - Wreath of Love 
March - Wreath of Luck 
April - Spring Wreath 
May - Strawberry Wreath (NEW)
June - Summer Wreath 
September  - Apple Wreath (NEW)
October  - Spooky Wreath
November - Autumn Wreath 
December - Wreaths of Joy 


I love, love, love this calendar stand and when 2012 is over, I'll reuse it for some scrapbook pages and photos to brighten my days!

BEAN NOTES
Stamps: Apple Wreath (Illustrated by Nancy McKinney for Taylored Expressions)
Craft Ink: Bashful Blue Re-inker (Stampin' Up!)
Fibers: Red Gingham Ribbon 
Tools: Sandpaper (generic); Crop-A-Dile Corner Rounder; Mod Podge Sealer; Glossy Accents (Ranger)
Cardstock: Poppy Parade, Wild Wasabi (SU!)
Dies: Seasonal Wreath Taylored Die (TE)
Digital Download6 x 6 Calendar Inserts

I hope you enjoyed my first Sneak Peek for Petite-a-Palooza! Check out the rest of the Baker's Dozen for more peeks at more petite goodness and come back tomorrow as I show off how to dress us a cupcake for that sweet someone in your life. Thanks for stopping by!

The Baker's Dozen

Pin It

13 comments:

Karen Giron said...

I love how you added the apples underneath the wreath too - such a fun accent. This is so darling!

Cassie said...

Gorgeous coloring, Regina! The apples are definitely a 'need', hehe :D

Anonymous said...

So pretty Regina! I love how you stamped on blue paper - it really sets off the wreath... and those shiny apples are beautiful!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

How cute! I love this little apple wreath! Such a fun month :) TFS!

Melody said...

Cute! Love the blue and red!

wendy said...

really great calendar...love your apples too!

Sankari W. said...

So lovely dear Regina! Love the line of apples and the beautiful little bow on top of wreath! So perfect girl! Gorgeous stand Regina - you always do such beautiful work!! Big hugs!
xoxo

Jodi Collins said...

So sweet! LOVE the row of apples stamped in red horizontally!!!

Jen Shults said...

This is so fantastic! I love the shiny apples and the red outlined apples along the top as a border! Gorgeous (and perfect stamping, too)!!

Trisha said...

Great calendar and love this flippable stand. The wreath for the seasons is one of my favorite stamps.

Kary said...

Oh Regina, I love how you did your calendar page!! The apple wreath is sweet and I love the dimension with glossy accents. Great job!

Danielle L. said...

Okay Regina - you rocked this wreath! The little line of apples is fantastic and that teeny tiny gingham bow is too cute!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Beautiful calendar, Regina!