Thursday, December 8, 2011

Merry 25!...



I just love this time of year. All the Christmas decos are starting to appear around the City and the countdown to the big 2-5 is well under way! This is the first year my little rugrat has an advent calendar, and I was inspired by it to create a card to help get him to the 25th.

I wanted to make a shaped card -- the easiest way to do this is to die-cut two shapes and score the top of one to be adhered to form a card base. Next, I grabbed some darling patterned paper from Echo Park. I love the mix of traditional and non-traditional colors, pairing them with some kraft for a sweet rustic look.
I die-cut some numbers and made my own chipboard. This is a favorite technique of mine now because you can really make just about any kind of chipboard you need. Thin cardboard (like a cereal box) works best.
I loved the little trees in the paper and cut some out, mounting a couple on cardboard for some subtle dimension. I applied a wee bit of sparkle glue adhesive to the trees.

To make the "Merry" banner, I stamped individual letters inside some pennants directly on the patterned paper, adding some cute twine to "tie" it to the card. A bit more sparkle and some liquid dimensionals and I had a happy, merry Christmas card to add to my growing pile of holiday greetings!

BEAN NOTES
Stamps: You're My Type Upper (Taylored Expressions); Bannerific (Lawn Fawn)
Patterned Paper: Holly Jolly Christmas (Echo Park)
Ink: Rich Cocoa Memento (Tsukinko)
Cardstock: Crumb Cake (Stampin' Up!)
Fibers: Maraschino Twine (The Twinery)
Accents: White Opal Liquid Pearls (Ranger); Sparkle Mod Podge (Plaid)
Dies: Labels One and Grand Labels One Nestabilities (Spellbinders); By the Numbers Collection (Papertrey Ink)
Other: Cereal Box Cardboard (generic)

Pin It
Pin It

5 comments:

Mary Fish said...

seriously cute . . . love the little "merry" banner. hugs, m

Ann Schach said...

This is so cute, Regina! I love the shape. The sparkle on the trees is the perfect touch!

Lynne said...

Lovely card. Thanks from Lynne from oz

Fanny said...

pretty cards!!!!!!!

Ruza's Craft Corner said...

Beautiful card! ;o)