Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Happy Everything!...


Happy Tuesday! I've been busy with several projects, but I just had to take a moment to make a card for someone who has a very special birthday coming up. I wanted to make something bright and pretty -- she's always full of sunshine and I wanted the card to reflect her disposition. So, I grabbed my Love Grows Here set from Taylored Expressions, along with some pretty patterned paper and got stamping.


I chose the "springtime" tree, coloring with Copics and double-stamping so that I could pop up the sweet little bird and purse. For the sentiment, I stamped my very appropriate sentiment and punched it out to create a tag that I could attach with a wee safety pin.
I hope my friend has a very happy birthday -- she brings a lot of joy to everyone around her, and she deserves it for herself, too!

BEAN NOTES
All cardstock, patterned paper, and fibers from Happier Card Kit from Taylored Expressions
Stamps: Love Grows Here (Taylored Expressions)
Patterned Paper: Happier (My Mind's Eye)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko); Sage Shadow (Stampin' Up!)
Punches: Small Tag Punch (Stampin' Up!); Single Diamond Lace Edger (EK Success)
Coloring Medium: Sketch Markers (Copic)
Accents: Mini Safety Pin (Stampin' Up!)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Super CUTE card! Love all the different patterned paper you used! ;o)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

So, so cute, Regina!

Anonymous said...

Very sweet card! It is very "happy" and the sentiment matches perfectly! I love how you used multiple colors of papers to create the background.