Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Love Cuts...


It's hard to believe that Valentine's Day is just around the corner. I love this holiday because it's the perfect excuse to send cards! I was inspired by the Die-Cutting Challenge over at Moxie Fab World to create this "love" card to add to my stash of valentines for next month.

I started by stamping just the "sending you" portion of a sentiment from It's a Banner Day-2 from Taylored Expressions, which I die-cut with the coordinating die. I grabbed some heart-shaped dies from Lifestyle Crafts to create a nice, big, happy heart, which I popped up with some foam tape.

I die-cut and spelled out "love" with alphabet dies and added some darling little heart-shaped eyelets I found in my supplies. I was pleased with the way the non-traditional colors came together and had a ton of fun playing with dies to create a card for a sweet valentine.

BEAN NOTES
Stamps: It's a Banner Day-2 (Taylored Expressions); Cardstock: Choice Snow (TE); Blushing Bride, Riding Hood Red (Stampin' Up!); seafoam (Bazzill); Patterned Paper; Valentine collection (We R Memory); Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko); Dies: Banner Day 2 (TE); Nesting Eyelet Hearts, Nesting Hearts, Stardust Grand Alphabet (Lifestyle Crafts/Quickutz); Accents: White Heart Eyelets (Making Memories); Coloring Medium: Sketch Marker (Copic)

4 comments:

Ruza's Craft Corner said...

Gorgeous card! The colors looks awesome together! ;o)

Diana Fisher said...

Very cute card!

Rebecca said...

So pretty!

Cath said...

Hey Regina! Thanks for linking this up to the Die Cutting Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)