Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Love Shack!...Taylored Expressions Sneak Peek Day 2!



Just a few days into 2012 and we are on day two of sneak peeks for Release Week at Taylored Expressions! Valentine's Day is just around the corner and TE has a slew of darling Love Day sets releasing this week, including this fun set, Love Shack. For my project today, I thought I would create a Side-Step Fold Card (for a terrific tutorial, click HERE.) Keep reading for info on some fun giveaways!

TE is also releasing new dies this week, including this fun Jumbo Heart Border die. I used cardstock and patterned paper from the new Project Pantry and created this cute border, adding just a bit of glittery Stickles.
The "love shack" really is a sweet little house full of love. I colored mine with Copics, glittering up the happy hearts adorning the cozy cottage. The set also includes a sweet little picket fence and a cute tree, which I added to my side-step card.
I included three of the sentiments on my card -- I love the song that inspired his set and I couldn't resist putting some of the lyrics on this card! Love Shack is the first of a series of cozy little cottages, a fun concept from our DT Coordinator, Jami Sibley.







BEAN NOTES
All cardstock and patterned paper from Valentine Project Pantry Kit
Stamps: Love Shack (Illustrated by Doug Applegate for Taylored Expressions)
Patterned Paper: With Love (American Crafts)
Dies: Jumbo Heart Border Taylored Die (TE)
Accents: Diamond Stickles (Ranger)
Coloring Medium: Sketch Markers (Copic)
Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento (Tsukineko)


January Release At a Glance
  • We have sneak peeks to share Monday through Wednesday.  All of the new products will be available for purchase on Thursday, January 5th at   8 am PST. You'll find it all in the Fresh out of the Oven Department at the Taylored Expressions Store.
  • Join us as a fan on Facebook for an early peek at the stamp sets, as well as a SPECIAL Facebook GIVEAWAY, on Wednesday night beginning at approximately 6 pm PST.
  • Mystery Baker's Dozen Blog Giveaway: Each day, one lucky blog commenter will be chosen by random draw to win a $10 TE Gift Certificate.  Winners will be chosen from a different Baker's Dozen blog each day and will be announced on Taylor's blog on Release Day!  Be sure to hop around to see all the sneak peeks and leave comments on each and every blog for more chances to win. Limit one comment per blog per day, please.  Comments close Wednesday 1/4 at 7pm PST for the drawings.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the Baker's Dozen for some wonderful peeks at what's new and fun for Taylored Expressions!



33 comments:

Jami said...

AACCKK! This is so darned adorable! Love this little house on a side step and especially love that you featured the lyrics - makes me smile every time I see them!

Miriam Prantner said...

What a fun card, this must have taken a while with all the piecing, but it looks wonderful!

Liz Terrazas said...

WOW! your card is amazing.. I'm definitely going straight to the tutorial... Thank you so much for sharing the link...
you can find me at kreateabilities.blogspot.com

Liz Terrazas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen Giron said...

WHEEE!!! I love how you dressed up your heart border with the patterned and solid papers - that is so super cute!! Darling card, especially with the unique fold!

Betty said...

What an amazing card! Thanks for sharing the tutorial!

Anonymous said...

Girl, you are KILLING me with this one! LOVE it so much! I always get such great inspiration from you Bean! Happy New Year! ♥

Melody said...

What a great card shape! The heart border looks to cute!

Nicole MJ said...

I can't wait to try this type of card! Its super fun!!! Thanks for the ideas!

Trisha said...

Wow, love your stair step card and the cut out Love Shack. So darned cute. (and, oh, those sparkly hearts on the shutters.) patnbobcuddy at gmail dot com

Linda Lou said...

This stamp is so well suited for a side step card. very cute!

Tinalala said...

This card is superduper cute!!! Love the step cards but this one is wicked cute!!

Kathi said...

Seriously cute card with that adorable new set.

I love that song and now have it planted in my head.

Lynda said...

Such a cute card! And now I have those lyrics in my head too!

Carol Scheevel said...

Oh my goodness... I've never tackled a side step card, but this creation certainly gives me the inspiration to try one! Beautiful card!!!

suzie said...

What a fun card! Love theheartborder with the house!

Ann Schach said...

I LOVE it, Regina! And "Love Shack" was one of my favorite songs back in the day! "Tin roof...rusted!"

JessicaK said...

Cute cute cute

Pam said...

Great card! Love the design.

Carol said...

Adorable card!! Love all the sayings I am seeing with this release of this set!

Anonymous said...

OMG! How great that the house is cut out! Great idea! And the heart boarder rocks too!

Jodi Collins said...

This is SO fabulous Regina!!! What an amazing fold and SO very perfect with this set!!

Jillisgram said...

Very cute card --- love that it is different from all the rest! Val from IL.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

your love shack is fabulous

Crafty Math Chick said...

This fold/style is SO COOL!! I really like your layout and how the house has so much dimension Regina.

Kathy Martin said...

Very creative card! LOVE! :)

Danielle L. said...

How cute is this?! Super cute! :)

Taylor said...

So stinkin' cute, Regina! Such a clever use of the side step card. Love it!

Jen Shults said...

This is just brilliant! so so smart to use that fold for this card!!! LOVE it!

Unknown said...

Oh my! Your card is absolutely gorgeous! Love it! ;o)

JenMarie said...

Ooo...this is absolutely fabulous!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh my goodness how fabulous is this!??

Anonymous said...

SUPER cute! LOVE it!