Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Riding High...


It's a rainy Tuesday! My hard-working hubby has been more than a bit stressed at work lately, and I thought I would make him a card to cheer him up. 


I was inspired to combine a couple challenges, the fun color challenge at The Paper Players, as well as the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge from my Baker's Dozen buddy, Karen Giron. I found the colors challenging this time around, especially as I wanted to make a masculine card. So, I found some night sky paper that is actually from a Halloween collection! 


I grabbed one of my favorite Taylored Expressions sets, In the Clouds, and decided to turn one of the darling blimp images into a rocket ship. I stamped some of the little star images included in the set, dry embossed with the Stars Impression Plate, and added some die-cut stars for a blast off trail. Some glittery Stickles finished off this card that shows just how I feel about my best guy.


BEAN NOTES
Stamps: In the Clouds (Taylored Expressions)
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Pool Party, Wisteria Wonder, Pear Pizazz, Very Vanilla (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Pool Party, Pumpkin Pie (SU!); Fresh Snow (PTI)
Patterned Paper: Spookville (We-R-Memory Keepers)
Coloring Medium: Sketch Markers (Copic)
Accents: Diamond Stickles (Ranger)
Templates: Star Impression Plate (TE)

8 comments:

LeAnne said...

Oh my gosh, I just LOVE this!!! What a great way to use these colors---a welcome creative change from florals!! He will appreciate it! Love the sketch too!

Crealotte said...

Love your card Regina. Great stamp! I am sure your husband will love it too.

Sherry Eckblad said...

What a great card and I am sure your hubby will love it. I thought I recognized that star paper from some halloween papers I have in my stash.

Pam~ said...

Wow, I'm really impressed and lovin' this card for your hubby! You did a fabulous job with this color combination! This should definitely take his mind off everything for a bit and make him smile!

Jenn said...

This card is so amazing and creative! Definately an unexpected way to use this colour combo, but it totally works. I am sure this card will definately lift your husbands spirits. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players

Lesley said...

What a great card for your hubby! Love that sentiment. The colours are unexpected and yet so completely perfect for the images...I really think this is awesome! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players.

Mary Fish said...

wonderful way to cheer up your husband. such a "blast!" hugs, m

Unknown said...

Super FUN card! ;o)