Monday, May 14, 2012

Far Out...


It's the day after Mother's Day and I had a lovely day celebrating with my little guy's great-grandmother, his Nana, and other family. He was so sweet and he got me thinking about little boys after all the flowers and girly-girl activities. So for today, I've got a boyish card that I hope is "out of this world!"


I was inspired by this week's Mojo Monday sketch. I actually flipped the sketch over and thought it would make a great outer space background for a flying saucer.


I grabbed the new Far Out set from Taylored Expressions and stamped this cute U.F.O, coloring in with some gray-shaded Copics before fussy cutting and popping it up over some perfect patterned paper. I spritzed the entire card with silver mist -- in person the card really sparkles and I love the glimmering highlights.

Hope your day is a BLAST!

BEAN NOTES
Stamps: Far Out (Taylored Expressions)
Patterned Paper: Rocket Age (October Afternoon)
Cardstock: Choice Snow (TE); Not Quite Navy (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento (Tsukineko)
Accents: Silver Mister Huey (Studio Calico)
Dies: Classic Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders)
Coloring Medium: Sketch Markers (Copic)

1 comment:

Shellye McDaniel said...

lovin' your card, Regina! So nice to see some 'boyish' styles ;)