Friday, June 1, 2012

A Little Red School House...


Happy Friday! It's Challenge time over at the Imaginisce Blog and this month's is a Sketch Challenge. My fabulous teammate, Diana Fisher, is the sketch artist on this wonderful sketch and I hope you play along. There are always amazing prizes to be won and I hope my layout today inspires you to enter!


It's hard for me to believe that my little rugrat's school year is already over. And yes, it did take me the entire year to scrap his very first day of school! But, better late than never, and I'm glad I waited because I wouldn't have had this terrific sketch to play with:


If you look closely, I really did follow Diana's sketch almost exactly. I found this darling schoolhouse die-cut file and cut it from paper from the Imaginisce Geek is Chic collection. I replaced the door with a photo of my little guy from his first day of school. He has really grown!


The background paper is from the same collection, and I spritzed on a little misting spray before laying down each element. I die-cut the "RED" in the title from the same patterned paper as the schoolhouse for continuity. The rest of the title is from paper that has little paper clips on it!


Thank you, Diana, for inspiring me to create this page (finally!) I hope to see some of your creations in this month's challenge!

BEAN NOTES
Patterned Paper: Geek is Chic collection (Imaginisce)
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, More Mustard (Stampin' Up!)
Stamps: Date Stamp (American Crafts)
Dies: Nesting Pinking Circles, Merry & Bright Alphabet, Strawberry Alphabet (Lifestyle Crafts)
Digital: School House Silhouette file (Samantha Walker for Silhouette)
Accents: Custard Mister Huey (Studio Calico)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Super FUN layout! Your such a good mom! He will love the layout! Great take on the sketch! ;o)