Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Christmas in July!

Yes, your eyes do not deceive you...it's Christmas in July week at Imaginisce! I got to create some projects with the new Christmas Cheer collection, which was just reveal at at CHA last week and I'm so glad to get to share them with you.


First up is a Countdown Calendar that I created using mostly "B-Sides" of the darling patterned paper. The colors are rich and lovely and helped me to maintain a more "elegant" look. 


I made a paper bow from the paper as well, adding a rich red button and some baker's twine.


I know it's July...but I can already hardly wait until Christmas!


Next up is a happy layout that I've been looking forward to making for ages. My little rugrat was terrified of Santa until just last year. He still looks a wee bit anxious in this photo, but he loved being able to meet the big guy in person and whispered all his Christmas wishes. I love the big, happy die-cuts in the collection -- a great way to jazz up a page that features just a single photo!


I free-cut the "snowy hills" and did my journaling by hand along the edge.


After punching out these snowflakes, I added a glitzy Glam Rock with the i-Rock tool for some sparkle.


It was easy to add a bit of twine to the ornament in the die-cut title by simply punching a hole.

BEAN NOTES
Countown Calendar
Patterned Paper: Christmas Cheer collection (Imaginisce); Cardstock: Solar White (Neenah); Fibers: Baker's Twine (The Twinery); Accents: Button (PTI); Stickers: Glitter Alphabet (American Crafts); Digital File: 3-D Box Calendar (Lori Whitlock for Silhouette)

Merry Christmas Santa Layout
Patterned Paper and Die Cuts: Christmas Cheer collection (Imaginisce); Cardstock: Solar White (Neenah), textured white (American Crafts); Fibers: Baker's Twine (The Twinery); Accents: Glam Rocks (Imaginisce); Tools: i-Rock (Imaginisce); Punches: Snowflake Punch (Martha Stewart)

So, Merry Christmas in July! Be sure to check out my teammates' projects over on the Imaginisce blog today and find out how you can WIN the Christmas Cheer Collection! I hope I inspired you to get into the Christmas spirit...even if it's 80 degrees wherever you are!


No comments: