Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Doodle Notes...TE Sneak Peek Day 1


Yep, August is definitely here and the best part of that is sneaky peekies for Taylored Expressions! Today I have a special layout to share with you that features a few of the new sets releasing later this week: Doodle Notes, Mark Your Spot, and Grid Paper a la Carte.


My little guy is just starting to read and, as our house is one that is filled to the brim with books, we are very excited for him. I wanted to capture the moment he grabbed a book on his own and read it out loud all by himself. The darling images in this week's stamp sets were just the ticket for this memory.

{{Images Removed for Publication}}

I really loved the doodle-y look to the images and left most of them as just inked and stamped to preserve that look. Then, I built the page up using lots of images.

{{Images Removed for Publication}}

I love this quote from Dr. Seuss and it was especially fitting. I first stamped the new Grid Paper ALC and then put on the quote, double-stamping with different colors to pick out some of the words.

{{Images Removed for Publication}}

That cool border, by the way, is the new Notepaper Border Die!


BEAN NOTES
StampsDoodle Notes, Mark Your Spot, and Grid Paper a la Carte sets (Illustrated by Nancy McKinney for Taylored Expressions); Patterned Paper: 9 to 5 (October Afternoon); Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa (Tsukineko); Cardstock: textured cream (American Crafts), Kiwi Kiss, Peach Parfait, Midnight Muse, Very Vanilla, Pool Party (Stampin' Up!); Dies: Timeless Type (Sizzix for Stampin' Up!), Notebook Border Die (Taylored Expressions)

I hope you liked my layout today. Don't forget to visit the rest of the Baker's Dozen for more peeks at this week's TE release! Everything you see today and tomorrow will be available for purchase on Thursday, August 9 at 8 am PST, but you can join Taylor on Facebook for the Release Preview Party at 6 pm Wednesday for some fun giveaways and full reveals!


13 comments:

Unknown said...

Sweet layout and wonderful memory preserved!

wendy said...

oh my what a gorgeous layout! love the doodle look...great sneak peek

Renee said...

Bears on Wheels...one of my favorites as a child...and by the way, your cards are awesome!!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

What a fabulous page, Regina! I LOVE it!

Jen Shults said...

This is a FABULOUS page! I love how you left the images plain and I adore the layout you made. Seriously WOW.

Jami said...

This layout is really amazing! I don't think I could ever come up with something like that. So cool!

Melody said...

These are the cutest pages Regina! I love all the little details!

Anonymous said...

This is so fantastic! I love all that white space and your images are perfectly placed. YUM!! Happy release week my friend! :-)

Shannon White said...

OMGoodness is this Ever ADORABLE!! 8-) Love your Wonderful Layout Regina! So creative and imaginative! Super way to use all those Darling images and Love the dimension and your Precious pics too! Just too CUTE!! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Natalie said...

LOVE your layout!!

Shelly said...

Regina, your style is so amazing, I love your layout! Lots of wonderful details and your son is adorable!

Unknown said...

Super CUTE layout! Your son is adorable! ;o)

Queen Mary said...

Regina, I don't take the time often enough to tell you how much I enjoy your work. This page is too cute and I love reading and I just appreciate that you share with all of us your wonderful ideas!