Monday, August 13, 2012

Making the Grade

It's Back 2 School Week at Imaginisce and I have a very special project to share with you today!


My mother-in-law has these wonderful frames in her home that show off her children's school pictures year by year and I've long admired them. I wanted to create one for my own little rugrat, who just finished his second year of school.


Using my electronic die-cutter, I cut this mat with 16 windows, one for each year of school. Now, since my lil' guy has only 2 photos, I wanted to still be able to put up the frame so I filled it with the fun patterned paper from the Geek is Chic collection.
I cut out some of the darling school elements from the paper and popped them up in each frame window.  I printed out the name of each grade on the computer and then die-cut each out to mark each window.


(Bean Tip: be sure to adhere this mat frame with removable adhesive so that you can take it out of the shadow box to insert new photos!)



I wanted some large brads but couldn't find any that really matched, so I decided to make my own! I used the i-Top and Brad Daddies to make these cute, coordinating brads. I put the whole page into a shadowbox frame I found at a local store.

I hope you enjoyed seeing my grade-by-grade shadow box! 
I will love seeing my little man grow each year.

BEAN NOTES
Patterned Paper: Geek is Chic collection (Imaginisce)
Cardstock: textured (American Crafts)
Tools: i-Top (Imaginisce)
Accents: Brad Daddies (Imaginisce)
Dies: Itty-Bitty Framelits (Stampin' Up!)
Electronic File: Love Page Layout (Alaa'K for Silhouette)

Be sure to check out the rest of my teammates' projects on the Imaginisce blog all week!

5 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

Love this project! Turned out so nicely!

Kara said...

Really cute project! So cute!

Diana Fisher said...

I love this! :) So cute!

Ann Schach said...

Adorable, Regina! I love the brads you made!

Unknown said...

This is so sweet! I really love the how you laid out the pictures! ;o)