Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Sketch it Out!

It's Mid-Week Mojo Day and I am really thrilled today because today's Sketch over at the ScrapbookSteals.com blog is by ME! I've never created a sketch before (though you know I love using them!) I hope that you will be inspired by it because I'd love to see your take!

Here is the sketch:


And here is my layout using it!


My little guy recently got a Razor scooter and is learning to ride it. I love seeing his happy face as he gets the hang of "coasting" -- I'm sure I'll be desperately trying to keep up with him really soon. 
As you can see, I stuck very close to the sketch, but you should always feel free to use a sketch as a jumping off point. Turn it, alter it, add or take away an element -- it's there to inspire you!




I hope you'll head over to the ScrapbookSteals.com blog to see how others are inspired by my sketch. Have a wonderful, happy day!

BEAN NOTES
Patterned Paper: Snips & Snails, Petite Prints (Doodlebug); Cardstock: Textured (American Crafts); Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White (Stampin' Up!); Accents: Stickers, Flags, Chipboard Die-cuts from The Escape Collection (Little Yellow Bicycle); Dies: Stardust Alphabet Cookie Cutter (Lifestyle Crafts)

2 comments:

Beth Hallgren said...

Cute! Love how you incorporated little snippets of the Escape collection out of context. Gave me some great ideas :)

Ann Schach said...

What a fabulous layout! I love those pennants!