Thursday, November 1, 2012

A Birthday Surprise Just for Mom


My sweet Mom celebrated her 70th birthday last month and both my brother and I paid her a birthday visit with our families for a fun party. I also wanted to give her something that I made -- she's always been my biggest fan when it comes to crafting and I really wanted to create something special for her big day.


I began with the idea of making her a shadowbox frame filled with photos of her children and grandchildren. My mom has the greenest thumb I know and she adores flowers and her garden (she lives in Las Vegas and has managed to grow a gorgeous backyard despite the dry heat!) So I came up with this idea of a window box filled with bright blooms.


Using my electronic cutting machine, I made some pretty three-dimensional flowers and assembled them with pearl and glitter brads. I love the petite little pattern on the paper!



What garden is complete without a couple of flittering butterflies?


The look on my mom's face when she opened her gift was well-worth all the work (plus the worry of carrying it onboard the airplane!) I just loved filling this frame with all of her "favorite" things!

BEAN NOTES
Patterned Paper: Petite Prints, Snips & Snails (Doodlebug Design), Walk in the Park (American Crafts); Dies: Label (Lifestyle Crafts); Accents: Pearl and Glitter Brads (Pebbles); Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Whisper White (Stampin' Up!); Electronic Files: 3-dimensional Flowers (Lori Whitlock, Country Window Box (Sarah Bailey), Window Card (Alaa ' K), Butterfly (Jamie Koay); Alterable: Shadowbox Frame (generic)


1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a glorious gift! TFS! ;o)