Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Taylored Expressions January Release Day: Doodlin' for L-O-V-E


It's Release Day for Taylored Expressions! I am so lucky that I still get to play along with the Baker's Dozen as a guest designer. This month's release is all about Valentine's Day and I was tickled to get to create some fun cards for my little guy to give to his many sweethearts at school.


Both of my cards today use the new 3" x 3" Notecard Dies releasing today. The first is the darling Scalloped Notecard, which I'm pairing with the new set, Valentine Doodles. On this card, I stamped the "Love" image and colored in with Copics. I also added a big happy heart and arrow with the new Cupid's Arrows Dies. I stamped another image from the stamp set on an envelope that is sized just perfectly for these little notecards!


My second valentine uses the new Tuck & Close Notecard Die. Isn't it sweet? I stamped the cute little mailbox and bird images from Valentine Doodles and colored them in. 


I really love how this wee card tucks and closes. It is really charming and I know I'll get a lot of use out of it. 


I popped the bird out over a button tied with twine and added one of the adorable new Designer Mini Tags dies.

BEAN NOTES
Stamps: Valentine Doodles (Taylored Expressions); Patterned Paper: Snap! Color Vibe (Simple Stories); Cardstock: Stampin' Up!; Fibers: baker's twine (The Twinery); Coloring Medium: Sketch Markers (Copic);  Dies: Cupid's Arrows, Scalloped Notecard, Tuck & Close Notecard, Designer Mini Tags (Taylored Expressions); Other: 3 x 3 Envelopes (Taylored Expressions)

The sets and dies I used today are all available in the Fresh Out of the Oven Department in the TE Store. I hope you will visit the Baker's Dozen and guests today to see what scrumptious Release Day goodies they have created.

Jami Sibley (DT Coordinator)
Anna Wight (Guest Designer)





8 comments:

Taylor said...

Awww... such sweet notecards, Regina! I'm picturing your son delivering him to his sweethearts! ;) And I love how the bird is delivering the mail to the mailbox! I never would have thought of pairing them together like that so I'm having a "ah-ha moment"!

Unknown said...

Just darling, Regina! Love how you paired the birdie with the mailbox - too sweet!

Tammie Edgerton said...

Both notecards are adorable, Regina! I love how you tucked the arrow through the heart on the first one and how the bird is on it's way to deliver some happy mail in the second. So cute!

Jen Shults said...

These are so sweet! I love the CAS first on and the contrast of the DP with the bottom flap of the second... perfect!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Love these sweet little notes, Regina. So soft and special! :)

SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) said...

How sweet are these little notes! They would make ANYONE have a better day!

Shannon White said...

Awww, I Love these Regina!!! Soo CUTE!! Really loving your little birdie delivering valentines!! Too Darned CUTE!! Your Son is lucky to have such a Talented Mama!! I know his Sweethearts will Love these! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Jami said...

So super cute! That bright pink/red combo just makes me SMILE!