Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Taylored Expressions February Sneak Peek: You're My Type of Chick

 

Happy Wednesday! I'm playing all this week with the new release products from Taylored Expressions and today I am showing off a new cutting plate and border die that I just love! For my first project, I am working with the soon-to-be-released Proud as a Peakcock Cutting Plate


I'm a little behind on my Valentin's Day cards, so I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to create something for my sweet husband. He knows me so well and lets me basically do anything I want (within reason) like buy an old fashioned typewriter for my craft space. Now that's love! This cutting plate let me create the type of cool and funky background that he thinks takes me hours -- but it only takes minutes!


My second card is one I created for my fun-loving sister-in-law for Easter. I used an old favorite set, Hello Spring, and had those little chicks hopping along a border of flowers I created with the new Floral Eyelet Border. Cute, huh?


To create the two-toned effect, I simple used the negative from the die and colored in the turquoise background before placing the border over it, adding some fun embellishments to top off this simple, yet fun card.

BEAN NOTES
In addition to the supplies listed below, I also used the following products from Taylored Expressions, available on Thursday, February 6, 2014.
Dies: Retro Cutting Plate, Floral Eyelet Cutting Plate

4 comments:

Patti J said...

Oh my goodness - such beautiful creations! Thank you for the inspiration!

Jen Shults said...

These are so fun! I love that your peacock cutting plate is in valentine colors! Just adorable!

Joan Ervin said...

You have created two fabulous cards, Regina!!! I love how you used the cutting plate on the first one and how cute are those sweet little chicks on the second one...beautifully done!!!

Sue A said...

Beautiful cards! That chick card is just so stinkin' cute.