Thursday, May 4, 2017

To Infinity and Beyond!


Hey, hey, crafty friends! I can't wait to share a super fun card I created for Release Day with Taylored Expressions! All things "space" are trendy right now, and I love love love this darling stamp set called Space Cadet with all its little outer space critters!

I wanted to try out coloring with pencils on dark cardstock. I've seen this technique done around the internet and I thought it would be fun...and it was! I used watercolor pencils as they seemed easier to blend on the dark cardstock. I started by embossing with some white pearl embossing power, which stood out beautifully and helped me keep the details of the stamped images. The cool background is the new Twinkle Twinkle Background, which I stamped and embossed with platinum embossing powder for a nice shine.


I wanted to make a spinner card and discovered that I could use the 'hoop' portion of the Embroidery Hoop die, which also gave me a built-in stopper. I decided on the cute puppy to orbit my embossed sentiment. My son absolutely loved this card and enjoyed playing with the spinner.



I added a Pinhole Star Stacklet star die-cut from Metallic cardstock. This card was a blast to create and I can't wait to make more cards that are outta this world!

Before you go, if it's still between Thursday, May 4 and Sunday, May 7, you can earn DOUBLE Crafty Points on the Space Cadets Bundle!
For a limited time, earn DOUBLE CRAFTY POINTS on our Space Cadet Stamp & Space Cadet Dies Bundle! If you're not a Crafty Points member, it's free and easy to join. Just create an account at the TE webstore and you're automatically enrolled to begin earning crafty points with every purchase. You'll earn 82 Crafty Points on the purchase of our Space Cadet Stamp & Space Cadet Dies Bundle! Offer valid on qualifying purchases made between 9am CST on Thursday, May 4, 2017 and 11:59 pm CST on Sunday, May 7, 2017 and only while supplies last. Crafty Points are only available on purchases made via our retail site: www.tayloredexpressions.com.


Be sure to visit the TE Blog for some really incredible projects from the Creative Team. Thanks for stopping by!






No comments: