Thursday, August 3, 2017

Happy Flowers Birthday! -- TE August Release Day!

Hey there, friends! I hope you are enjoying your summer. It's super hot here in SoCal, so I was glad to get into my craft space to design a card for Taylored Expressions' August Release! I had a lot of fun creating this pretty birthday card. I got to use the new Happy Flowers Background Stamp. I love the pretty design of this stamp. I know that I'll be able to use it to watercolor, sponge, color -- today I thought I'd emboss it.

I embossed the image with pewter colored embossing powder onto watercolor paper. I knew I wanted to experiment with some Distress Ink, so I first sponged on the different colors, shading from blue to teal and then back out again. I wet the whole panel and let dry a little before going over with Peacock Feathers Distress Ink again -- the colors turned very bold and vibrant and gave the card an exotic, rich look! I stamped this fun image from Big Bold Birthday in the same ink color and placed in a Frame in Frame 2 die-cut frame cut from Metallic Neutral yardstick. A few little embellishments and I was done!


I hope you will check out the TE Store to see what other goodies are releasing today. And head over to the TE Blog for more eye candy!







1 comment:

Migdalia said...

I love the stunning background!! Beautiful card.Love it!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Crafting With Creative M