Thursday, April 2, 2009

Someone Special & TE Sketch #61...

I decided to try my hand at a sketch from a really fun blog called Taylored Expressions. Here is the sketch:



To view the image up-close, please click on the photo.

For the vertical panel, I stamped my background image with VersaMark Champagne Dazzle and embossed it with clear embossing powder before sponging over the raised image with ink. I also wanted to try out an interesting technique called the Spotlight Technique, which I think lends itself best to vintage and botanical images. I stamped the floral image twice. Using Copic Sketch markers, I colored in just the portion of the image I wanted to highlight. My attempt is fairly subtle, and I've included a close-up image to illustrate what the technique tries to achieve:
BEAN NOTES: Stampin' Up Botanicals and Well-Worn Words Stamps; SU Close to Cocoa and Pink Pirouette Classic Ink; Basic Grey Designer Paper; Regal Rose and Very Vanilla Cardstock and Light Pink (generic) Cardstock; Paper Shapers 1" and 1-1/8" Circle Punches and Small Oval Punch; SU 5-Petal Punch; Foam Dimensional Squares (generic); Brads (generic)
HAPPY BEANS: Copic Sketch Markers; VersaMark Dazzle Champagne Ink; Ranger Clear Super-Fine Detail Embossing Powder

3 comments:

Akwaba said...

Nice card & beaufiful colors. Thanks for the link of the spotlight technique!
And of course I'll come back to see your nice work. :-) AmitiƩs from France!

Deb said...

I am so happy I found your blog!! I really love the fact that you stamp with "retired" stamp sets! I am always trying to keep up with all the new ones and quiet honestly, I miss the retired stamps alot. Your cards are beautiful and I am inspired to go through my retired sets and begin to create with them once again. Thank you :-)

Connie Fossenier said...

you have an awesome blog...Wonderful use of this older stamp...an favoritie of mine.
connie paxman