Monday, April 6, 2009

Moroccan Cheer & Mojo Monday (#81)...


To view the image up-close, please click on the photo.

It's Mojo Monday time again! I've been wanting to use a new Basic Grey stamp set called Morocco, and I thought this sketch would be the perfect opportunity. I love the Eastern influence of the images, especially the elephant. Using a Big Shot, I first embossed the Fiskars 'Leaves' onto cardstock. I then used a VersaMark pen to draw over the raised pattern (as well as the feather), and gold embossing powder really brought out a glamorous glow. The 'flower' was created using the ever-useful Emboss Resist technique.
BEAN NOTES: Basic Grey Morocco and K&Company 'Cheers' Stamps; Stampin' Up Pumpkin Pie and Sage Shadow Classic Ink; My Mind's Eye 'Hattie Marie' Designer Paper; SU Whisper White Cardstock; Light Green Cardstock (generic); The Paper Company Antique Gold, Mango, and Seaglass Metallic Cardstock; SU Pumpkin Pie Grosgrain Ribbon; Paper Shapers 7/8" Circle Punch; Foam Dimensional Circle; Making Memories Brads
HAPPY BEANS: Ranger Super-Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder; VersaMark Clear Ink Pen & Pad; Fiskars 'Leaves' Embossing Plate; Big Shot; Kaiser Light Green Pearls

7 comments:

Sherri said...

Wow - that's a completely unique take on the sketch - I hadn't seen the moroccan set from Basic Grey!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Such a bright and cherry card. Fabulous job on the mojo monday sketch.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Olena said...

Beautiful card! Love it! ~Olena~

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh! What a wonderful card! Truly amazing what you created.
P.S., thanks for your comment on my card, and the stamp set used was Penny Black clear acrylic called "Hugs".

Priscilla said...

Love your Morrocan themed card..I just did an Asian style one..it was fun. Awesome job on the sketch challenge. I just love blog hopping :) I get such great ideas..thanks for sharing.

Sparkly Pink Star said...

Beautiful card :)

Cardmaking Galore said...

This is stunning - love all the details