Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Oh, Say Can You See? (Verve June Release Con't)...

Oh, dear, it's the last full week of June and I am SO behind on my July 4th cards! Seems to me the late Father's Day this year had me thinking I had more time. The Verve Release Week Challenge sketches gave me a great boost toward catching up, so here are two cards to help celebrate our Independence Day.

To view an image up-close, please click on the photo.

Lady Liberty (VSJUN03)
First up is a card using this adorable little stamp of the Statue of Liberty. I think the sentiment is even more touching and stirring for her sweetness. I picked up the perfect satin ribbon for one US dollar (can't beat that!) at the craft store and made the background paper with a glitter gel pen.
BEAN NOTES: Stampendous Patriotic Pair Perfectly Clear Stamps; Memento Tuxedo Black Ink; Stampin' Up Brilliant Blue, Real Red, and Yo-Yo Yellow Classic Dye Ink; Copic Sketch Markers (W3); SU Stampin' Write Marker (Basic Grey); SU Whisper White, Brilliant Blue, and Real Red Cardstock; Nestabilities Classic Oval and Scalloped Oval Dies; Big Shot; ; Foam Dimensional Squares (generic)
HAPPY BEANS: Sakura Golden Star, Clear Star, and Red Star Gelly Roll Pens; Blue/Red Satin Ribbon (generic)


Our Lil' Firecracker (VSJUN05)
My second 4th of July card stars my own lil' firecracker, whose big grin says it all. He's 20 months old with a pretty early bedtime, so alas, he will be missing all the fireworks, but I think his smile still lights up this card.
BEAN NOTES: Basic Grey Lil' Firecracker Clear Stamps and Stampendous Patriotic Pair Perfectly Clear Stamp; Memento Tuxedo Black Ink; Stampin' Up Brilliant Blue, Yo-Yo Yellow, and Real Red Classic Dye Ink; Reminisce U.S. Stripes Designer Paper; SU Brilliant Blue, Whipser White, and Real Red Cardstock; SU Stampin' Write Markers (Brilliant Blue, Yo-Yo Yellow, and Real Red); Paper Shapers 1-3/8", 1-1/2", and 1-3/4" Circle Punches; Sakura Golden Star, Clear Star, and Red Star Gelly Roll Pens; Foam Dimensional Squares (generic) Ranger Diamond Stickles; Clear Jewels (generic)
HAPPY BEANS: Computer and Printer

No comments: