Thursday, June 25, 2009

A Vintage Fourth (VSJUN02)...


To view an image up-close, please click on the photo.

Ahhhh! The last of my 4th of July cards, and I decided to go for something a little more muted than the ones I've been making. This set is a new release from Papertrey Ink -- their stamps are so elegant that they almost demand attention. I still don't have any nesting stars, so I stuck some generic star stickers onto the reverse side of my cardstock and cut out the shapes. For the tiny star background squares, I punched the stars out with an EK Success punch. Then, for a final touch, I decided to try out more faux stitching. Happy Fourth!
BEAN NOTES: Papertrey Ink Vintage Picnic Stamps; Memento Tuxedo Rich Cocoa Ink; Stampin' Up Whisper White, Riding Hood Red, and Ballet Blue Cardstock; SU Stampin' Write Markers (Creamy Caramel, Barely Banana, Ballet Blue, Ruby Red); EK Success Sun & Moon Punch; Star Stickers (generic); Nestabilities Classic Square Dies; Big Shot; Foam Dimensional Squares (generic)
HAPPY BEANS: Paper Piercer

3 comments:

Patricia Garcia said...

Oooh this is the stamp set I want, you did a very good card, 4th of July is around the corner!!

LeAnne said...

Regina, I am so glad you left a comment on my blog, which brought me to see your gorgeous creations! Thanks so much! I can't wait to look at more of your posts!
LeAnne

Anonymous said...

How cute! I love the paper piercing around the blocks. Great job with the sketch. TFS