Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Snail Mail For Susan...


To view the image up-close, please click on the photo.

(Now that I know the gift has been received and opened, I can publish this post!)

I made this letter holder as a thank you gift for my darling Mom-in-Law, Susan, to thank her for making so many adorable and lovely cards for my Designer of the Month spot on i{heart}2stamp. You can check out the amazing cards on Susan's SCS Gallery here.
For this project, I found this simple letter carrier at Michael's in their unfinished wood section. After lightly sanding, I painted it with white acrylic gesso, then sponged on a light layer of moss green acrylic paint (mixed from brown, green, and yellow acrylic). Next, I sponged bronze acrylic paint over to allow some faint green to show through. Using textured cardstock , I cut the cornice-punched liners and attached with craft wood glue. Double-stamping the Mail image from Papertrey Ink's Vintage Picnic, I cut out only several of the letters and attached with foam squares to add dimension. Using some shimmery bronze cardstock, I used a Nestabilities die cut and Big shot for the background circles. A few pearls, a matching bow, a bit of white grosgrain ribbon for hanging, and letters are now ready to post!
BEAN NOTES: Papertrey Ink Vintage Picnic Stamps; Encore! Copper Ink; White Acrylic Gesso (generic); Moss Green and Bronze Acrylic Paint (generic); Bazzil Lagoon and Bluegrass Textured Cardstock; Stampin' Up Whisper White Cardstock; Nestabilities Classic Circle Dies; Big Shot; Filigree Clear Embossing Powder; Kaiser Dark Brown Pearls; Martha Stewart Cornice Border Punch; SU Baja Breeze 1" Grosgrain Ribbon; White Grosgrain Ribbon (generic); Foam Dimensional Squares (generic) HAPPY BEANS: Letter Carrier (generic)

No comments: