Thursday, October 15, 2009

Merry & Bright...


To view an image up-close, please click on the photo.

I know I should be making Thanksgiving cards, but I feel like I'm already in the Christmas spirit -- there's a little nip in the air that makes me think of twinkly lights and pretty packages. This week's Pals Paper Arts Challenge is a sketch, and it's a fun one! For this card, I decided to go simple and (hopefully) elegant. I posed a challenge to myself to use a color that I've never used before, in this case, Bravo Burgundy. I think it pairs quite nicely with Very Vanilla and I didn't want to muddy the waters with another color.

The sketch turned out to work wonderfully as a gate-fold card, complete with a ribbon tie. For the simple, elegant tree, I stamped with Very Vanilla Craft Ink before heat embossing with the same color. I created some designer background paper with the lovely snowflake image from the same set, stamping in Bravo Burgundy and adding a few tiny rose-colored pearls. The inside needed some embellishment, but again I kept it simple with the same tree image and an easy-peezy rub-on, leaving room for a handwritten note.
BEAN NOTES: (Unless otherwise noted, all materials are Stampin' Up): Patterned Pines Stamps; Chit-Chat Rub-On; Bravo Burgundy Classic Dye Ink; Very Vanilla Craft Ink; Stampin' Write Marker (Bravo Burgundy); Bravo Burgundy and Very Vanilla Cardstock; Spellbinders Classic Circles and Petite Scallop Circles Nestabilities; Foam Dimensional Squares (generic); Kate's Paperie Ivory Satin Ribbon; Slit Puncher (generic)
HAPPY BEANS: Kaiser Rose Pearls

**If you would like to order these or any other current Stampin' Up products, please feel free to contact me HERE.

15 comments:

Melissa said...

Very pretty! I love how the card works!

Ann Schach said...

Oh so pretty! I love the colors and the card style!

Cards by Gina said...

Oh, wow! Do I love this card!!! I love gate-fold cards and I love these two colors together. Your touches are so terrific! I'd love to know what you did to pull the ribbon through on the front of the card. Looks like you created a holder for the ribbon. This is definitely going in my Idea File. Thanks so much for sharing!

We both had the same idea of leaving lots of room on the interior of the card for note-writing. HeHe!

Kim said...

This is a gorgeous card Regina - love all the details and the gate fold, clever interpretation of the sketch!!

Anonymous said...

I think Bravo Burgandy is a fabulous color for Christmas and you've made a beautiful card! I like the tree stamped on the inside too.

LeAnne said...

OH MY GOODNESS.....my heart is fluttering, looking at this beautiful, beautiful card! How clever & creative you are, just come to my house and sit next to me so your creativity will rub off a little! Stunning!

Carla said...

Love your creativity. Awesome.

Carrie said...

Your gate fold card is stunning. The colors are gorgeous together and I especially love how it opens with the circle on top.

Denise said...

I also had a gate fold in mind, but couldn't figure out how to incorporate the ribbon... yours is perfection! I will definitely try it tied up like yours - just gorgeous!!

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful - very elegant - the gate fold works perfectly here!

Patti MacLeith said...

Look at you, Regina! Your card is so elegant. The gate fold is perfect for this sketch!

Mary Fish said...

Gate fold with this sketch. Genius. Love the browns. Even the interior blows me away. Hugs, M

Margaret Moody said...

This is gorgeous, Regina! I love that you made it a gate-fold card! Great idea! Love how you used the Bravo Burgundy and Very Vanilla! The stamped snowflakes and pearl accents look wonderful together! Love your style!

Anne Beale Yancey said...

I love your card! It's sooo classy! Thanks for sharing.

Nerida said...

I love gate fold cards and this is elegant. It is a little different for Christmas cards. Like opening a present with the ribbon.