Thursday, December 2, 2010

For the Hobbyist...TE Sneak Peek Day Two!

to view an image up-close, please click on a photo


It's Day Two of Sneak Peeks at Taylored Expressions and I have a couple of fun projects to share with you today. This month, TE is releasing new Petite-sized sets, beginning with four Crafty Petites. I wanted to create a card and gift set that could be given either together or apart, and I used two of the new sets: Sew Happy and Collector's Anonymous


I began with a card, letting the happy colors in some cute patterned paper take the lead. I also used a soon-to-be released Large Scalloped Die (there are two smaller sizes as well), adding some sparkly flower gems. The sweet little pin cushion from Sew Happy has real pins in it -- you know when you buy a man's dress shirt and it comes pinned together? Well, these are pins from a recent purchase made for my hubby!


Next, I decided to make a gift for a fellow "craft hoarder," using the adorable button jar image from the witty Collector's Anonymous. I used a repurposed mini apothecary jar and filled with the buttons. Then, I stamped the jar image and colored it before covering the "glass" with Glossy Accents. Finishing off with a pretty satin ribbon, I had a perfect gift for a button lover.

BEAN NOTES - Sew Happy Card
  • Stamps: Sew Happy  and Borderlicious (Taylored Expressions)
  • Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa (Tsukineko) and Melon Mambo Classic Dye (TE)
  • Patterned Paper: Welcome Home (Doodlebug)
  • Cardstock: Choice Buttercream (TE); Blossom, Parakeet (Bazzil)
  • Fibers: Yellow Grosgrain Ribbon (generic)
  • Accents: Flower Gemstones (generic)
  • Dies: Large Scallop Border (TE)
  • Coloring Medium: Sketch Markers (Copic)
HAPPY BEANS 
  • Accents: Pins


BEAN NOTES - Button Jar
  • Stamps: Collector's Anonymous  (TE)
  • Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa (Tsukineko)
  • Cardstock: Choice Buttercream (TE); Blossom, Parakeet (Bazzil)
  • Fibers: Satin Green Ribbon (generic)
  • Dies: Classic Circle and Scalloped Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders)
  • Accents: Liquid Pearls (Ranger)
  • Coloring Medium: Sketch Markers (Copic)
  • Alterable: Mini Apothecary Jar (generic)
HAPPY BEANS
  • Accents: Glossy Accents (Ranger)
Are you a member of the Crafty Hoarders' Club, too? I'm card-carrying member and I hope you enjoyed my project today. For more inspiration -- for knitters and sewers, too! -- be sure to visit the rest of the Baker's Dozen. Tomorrow is Release Day, so I hope you stop in again!

The Baker's Dozen



12 comments:

Pattie said...

Oh my - how cute is this!!! I love this new set! Love your colors and stitching - WOW!

Ann Schach said...

Love it, Regina! The stitching is the perfect touch, and both images are so cute!

Karen Giron said...

Oh wow!! I am loving that button jar and the gorgeous flower rhinestones over the scallops - this is a super fab set!!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Oh so very very cute! love the stitches.

Donna Baker said...

how cute! I love the real pins in the pin cushion, clever! I also love the button jar -perfect for us hoarders and would make a great gift!

Jaclyn Miller said...

This is so cute and what a neat idea!

Davi said...

These are darling...I LOVE the fun dp and the scallops are such a great look. The button jar is so cute.

Beverly Montez said...

So cute, and my favorite colors too!

http://sugarstamper.blogspot.com/

Jackie Pedro said...

Just adorable, REgina!!

Karen Motz said...

Pure sweetness!!! I just threw away a bunch of pins from new shirts hubby bought...I wish I had thought of using them on the pin cushion!!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

OH my gosh, this is so stinkin' cute!

Carla said...

Now this is so awesome. I love every tiny detail. I just might have to get this set. I love it. Hugs,