|to view the image up-close, please click on the photo|
Last week, I not only had the honor of being chosen as a Top 5 in the Cupcake Inspiration Challenge, but I was also asked to be this week's Guest Sweetie! I am always so impressed by the cupcakes on display, and this week was no exception. I am still in the throes of making thank you cards from the holidays, so I snapped up this opportunity. I was inspired by the gorgeous butterfly and the tiny red flowers, and I tried to mimic the fell of the flowers with an image from the set Friendship Blooms by Taylored Expressions. A few drops of liquid pearls for the butterfly, and I was all set to show some love to someone who showed some to us!
SPILLING THE BEANS
- Make card from cardstock.
- Score white cardstock at 1/2" intervals. Stamp flowers in alternating pattern. Die-cut oval shape; paper pierce around edge. Adhere red cardstock to back. Trim, mat, and adhere. Adhere gemstones.
- Die cut black oval and adhere. Die cut butterfly; adhere. Apply liquid pearls.
- Stamp sentiment on cardstock. Trim and adhere.
- Stamps: Friendship Blooms and With Gratitude (Taylored Expressions)
- Ink: Real Red Classic Dye (Stampin' Up!)
- Cardstock: Choice Snow (TE); Basic Black and Real Red (SU!)
- Dies: Classic Oval Nestabilities (Spellbinders)
- Accents: Black Gemstones (generic); Buttercup Liquid Pearls (Ranger Ink)
- Fibers: Red Felt (generic)
- Tools: Paper piercer (generic)