|to view an image up-close, please click on a photo|
I chose to use this verse for its feeling of hope and strength, and I wanted to create a card that would help to convey a sense of its beauty. The sentiments in this set coordinate perfectly with the new Frame It Up die, which I used here and outlined in tiny pearls.
I first saw this ribbon rose technique on the blog of my dear stamping friend, Carla Bazhenow, who is so talented and an amazing teacher. I have been wanting to try replicating it and it was just what I wanted for this card. Please visit her site for a terrific tutorial.
- Stamps: Rest & Renewal (Taylored Expressions)
- Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa (Tsukineko)
- Cardstock: Early Espresso, Pear Pizazz, Blushing Bride (Stampin' Up!); Choice Buttercream (TE)
- Templates: Scallops and Circles Impression Plate (TE)
- Dies: Frame It Up and Leafy Branch (TE)
- Fibers: Green Organza and Pink Satin Ribbon (TE)
Baker's Dozen. Rest & Renewal coordinates with another new set, New Beginnings, which several of my fellow DT members will be showcasing today. May your year be off to a restful beginning and may the holidays have renewed your spirits.
- Accents: Eyelets (We-R-Memory Keepers); Pearls (generic)