Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Rest & Renewal...Taylored Expressions Sneak Peek Day One...

to view an image up-close, please click on a photo
It is officially 2011, and the start of a fresh, new year. Today is the first day of a full week of sneak peeks from Taylored Expressions, and the card I have to share today uses the lovely new set, Rest & Renewal.

I chose to use this verse for its feeling of hope and strength, and I wanted to create a card that would help to convey a sense of its beauty. The sentiments in this set coordinate perfectly with the new Frame It Up die, which I used here and outlined in tiny pearls.

I first saw this ribbon rose technique on the blog of my dear stamping friend, Carla Bazhenow, who is so talented and an amazing teacher. I have been wanting to try replicating it and it was just what I wanted for this card. Please visit her site for a terrific tutorial.

BEAN NOTES
HAPPY BEANS
  • Accents: Eyelets (We-R-Memory Keepers); Pearls (generic)
I hope you enjoyed my project today, and for more creative inspiration, please be sure to check out the rest of the Baker's Dozen. Rest & Renewal coordinates with another new set, New Beginnings, which several of my fellow DT members will be showcasing today. May your year be off to a restful beginning and may the holidays have renewed your spirits.



19 comments:

Karen Giron said...

How gorgeous is this card?? I love the rolled ribbon flower (please send me some...) and the leafy accents - it's so beautiful!

Karen Motz said...

SWOON!!!!! This is stunning!!!! That ribbon rose is amazing!!!!

Taylor said...

This is gorgeous, Regina! I love the embossed background and that fabulous ribbon rose you created! Oh and how cool that you combined it with the leafy branch die!

Lea L. said...

This is beautiful! I love the soft colors, the pearl accenting around the frame, the gorgeous fabric flower...all of it! ♥♥♥

Jami said...

Regina - that is GORGEOUS! It should be a wall hanging!

Ann Schach said...

Fabulous! Love the ribbon rose!

Martha said...

Gorgeous card, especially love the rose. Most of all I love the verse you chose. You could easily put that on a wall!

Pattie said...

Absolutely stunning! Gorgeous flower and fabulous colors!

Peggy said...

Regina, beautiful card with one of my favorite Bible verses. Love the ribbon rose! I will have to check out the tutorial.
God bless,
Peggy Allen

Nina Dee said...

Wow Regina, This card is just beautiful!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Just GORGEOUS! I love Carla's ribbon rose. I can't wait to try it. Your colors and verse are just beutiful.

Andrea said...

I love the ribbon rose! and such a pretty card!! Thanks for your inspiration on the Winter Thanks card too! :)

Rose said...

A beautiful card, love the textures, the beautiful rose and the leaves, beautiful work.

Melissa Sauls said...

Oh wow, my jaw just completely dropped!! Gorgeous card and the ribbon rose is A++++++!!!!

Lindsay said...

This is lovely Regina! I love that verse and you showcased it so well!

Laurie said...

Just stunning, this looks like it should go in a frame. Beautiful.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Just gorgeous Regina! That flower is GORGEOUS!

Carla said...

Oh, I love your Rose!!!! Thanks for the shout out Regina. Yes, this card should be in a frame, so beautiful and sentiment, wow!!! Hugs,

Unknown said...

Regina! Love the ribbon rose! I went and copied the tutorial so that I could try this myself.