to view the image up-close, please click on the photo
We were at a restaurant over the holiday weekend that had a sign saying "16 more days until Autumn" and I could hardly believe it. The summer has whipped by and, while I can't say I'll miss the heat, I know I'll miss it soon enough when winter sets in. For today's card, I thought I would play a bit with different papers and textures and pay homage to the lazy days of summer and gently welcome the Fall.
To get me started, this wonderful sketch from Caardvarks was a terrific jumping off point. I took out one of my favorite Taylored Expressions sets, Discover Your Wings, and stamped the silhouette background onto a cork sheet with dark brown chalk ink before sprinkling with embossing powder. I then ran the sheet through my Big Shot with this pretty die frame and matted it with some vellum and card stock. I thought I would try heat embossing on some vellum and was pleased with the results. I found some lovely satin ribbon in my stash and tied off a nice big bow before stamping my sentiment and adding a few chocolate brads. Now I find myself bidding goodbye to summer...I hope you had a wonderful one yourself.
- Stamps: Discover Your Wings (Taylored Expressions)
- Ink: Chocolate Chip Chalk (Stampin' Up!); Wild Wasabi Classic Dye (SU!); Tea Leaves Chalk (Versamagik)
- Paper: Choice Buttercream (TE); Pear Pizazz, Wild Wasabi (SU!)
- Dies: Labels Five Nestabilities (Spellbinders)
- Fibers: Olive Satin Ribbon (Kate's Paperie)
- Accessories: Brads (generic), Foam Tape, Clear Embossing Powder (Filigree)
- Specialty Paper: Vellum (Papertrey Ink); Cork Sheet (QuicKutz)