to view the image up-close, please click on the photo
It has been too long since I created a card for Mojo Monday. Of course, it's Wednesday, so I'm still a little behind! This week's sketch was simply too good to pass up, and I was inspired by the amazing samples to give it a go.
To choose my stamps, I took my cue from Julee's Something Old, Something New Challenge. I'm embarrassed to say that I have a LOT of stamps that are still sitting in their unopened packages (yikes!) so I was actually grateful for this challenge! The colors are from this week's Play Date Cafe Color Challenge, which I just had to try as their guest designer is my pal Sankari Wegman.
To start, I broke out one of my (gulp) as yet unused stamp sets to create some background paper. I stamped in a grid with Purely Pomegranate ink and blinged it up with a few gemstones. Next, I trimmed the three panels and sponged along the edges. After die-cutting the circle element, I matted it against some inverted scallop circles.
Next, I took out my "something old" and stamped this pretty sentiment. The tag element was perfect for the second half of the sentiment and, in honor of Sankari, I added some liquid dimensionals. With just a fat bow and a bright orange button, I was ready to wish someone a very happy day!
- Stamps: Accent Notes and Wishing You (Verve)
- Ink: Purely Pomegranate and Peach Parfait Classic Dye (Stampin' Up!); Fresh Snow Hybrid (Papertrey Ink)
- Paper: Purely Pomegranate, Whisper White, Peach Parfait, and Crumb Cake Card Stock (SU!)
- Patterned Paper: 2010 In-Color Patterned Paper Pack (SU!)
- Dies: Inverted Scallop Circles and Classic Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders)
- Fibers: Purely Pomegranate Grosgrain Ribbon (SU!)
- Accessories: Orange Button (Basic Grey); Hemp Twine (generic); Foam Tape; Gemstones (Hero Arts)
- Terra Cotta Liquid Dimensionals (Adirondack)