to view the image up-close, please click on the photo
After some freak storms yesterday, I felt like creating something sunny and happy. The fun sketch over at Everything But the Kitchen Sink is one that leaves a lot up to interpretation, and so here is mine! For this card for a pair of sweet newlyweds, I began with an image from one of my favorite Taylored Expressions sets, Wings of Joy. It's a Christmas set, but with a little tweaking, it was perfect for a wedding card.
I'm going to try out something a bit new today. We are all pressed for time, so I thought I'd include details on this card in a new format, called "Spilling the Beans." I'd love to know if you prefer my usual narrative or if you like this new list format, so please leave me a comment telling me what you think. You are the reason TSB exists, so your opinion matters!
SPILLING THE BEANS
- Make card from card stock.
- Trim patterned paper and mat with cardstock; border punch and adhere card stock, tie ribbon, and adhere.
- Stamp birdcage and color birds and heart; punch heart from card stock, color, and adhere. Adhere to card with foam tape.
- Stamp sentiment.
- Stamps: Wings of Joy (Taylored Expressions); Teeny Tiny Wishes sentiment (Stampin' Up!)
- Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa (Tsukineko)
- Card Stock: Choice Snow White (TE); Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, Blushing Bride (SU!)
- Patterned Paper: Blushing Bride In-Color (SU!)
- Fibers: Stitched Grosgrain (generic)
- Coloring Medium: Sketch Marker RV11 (Copic)
- Tools: Small Heart Punch (SU!); Cornice Border Punch (Martha Stewart Crafts)