to view an image up-close, please click on the photo
Beginning today, I will have the extreme honor of joining the Clear & Simple Stamps Design Team! Lucky, lucky me, and I am so thrilled to be joining such an amazing team of talented paper-crafters. You'll be hearing much more about this in the weeks to come!
We've got some fabulous projects to inspire you, each showcasing how wonderfully well stamps and die-cuts go together. Plus, one lucky commenter will win a $25 gift certificate to Clear and Simple Stamps and another will win a gift certificate to Creative Cuts & More! To be eligible, please leave a comment on each blog, as winners will be drawn from all comments made by Friday, September 24.
If you've hopped over from the lovely and talented Lila's blog, be sure to visit the full line-up, which begins at the Die Cut Diva blog!
For my hop project, I used the super-cute Popcorn Extras set from Clear & Simple Stamps and paired it with, what else? The adorable popcorn box and pop-up card from CC&M!
I began with the popcorn box (which arrives plain and in the color and texture of your choosing) and stamped all four sides multiple times with the fun popcorn image, then colored all of it in with a white souffle marker. Next, I border punched some trim for the top and cut out just one fluffy piece of popcorn to "pop" out beneath my sentiment element. After a quick assembly, I had a cute treats box just waiting to be filled with some yummy goodness!
Next, I created a card to coordinate with my box, using a very fun "pop-up" card die-cut. I decorated the front by stamping popcorn to match my box background, again using the same border punch. That cute little filmstrip is another CC&M die-cut, to which I added a piece of the fluffy good stuff. After stamping the sentiment, I turned to the inside of the card.
The idea of popcorn actually popping was one I thought I'd try to simulate. After covering the inside of the card with patterned paper, I drew a little popcorn box and filled it with stamped popcorn. Then, after cutting out several individual kernels, I attached them with strips of clear acetate. Fun, yes? I love the birthday sentiment and thought it would make my box and card ensemble the perfect celebratory gift with its own little "surprise!"
- Stamps: Popcorn Extras (Clear & Simple Stamps)
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black Dye (Tsukineko)
- Card Stock: Peach Parfait, Soft Sky (Stampin' Up!); Solar White (Neenah); Clear Acetate (Papertrey Ink)
- Patterned Paper: Peach Parfait In-Color Patterned Paper (SU!)
- Coloring Medium: Souffle White Opaque Puffy Ink Marker (Sakura)
- Fibers: Soft Sky Grosgrain Ribbon (SU!)
- Tools: Crown Border Punch (Martha Stewart Crafts)
- Die-Cuts: Popcorn Box in Bazzill Smoothies Marmalade Blast (Creative Cuts & More); Film Strip in Raven Black Bazzill Canvas (CC&M); Pop-Up Card in Bazzill Smoothies Ocean Breeze and Marmalade Blast (CC&M)
Creative Cuts & More Blog (intro and sneaks)
Regina Mangum - You're Here!
Clear and Simple Stamps Blog, Nicki Jackson