to view an image up-close, please click on the photo
**If you are looking for my TE Blast from the Past Blog Hop post, please click HERE! Be sure to check out the cool TE SALE going on right now at the end of the post.**I am afraid that I am guilty of buying tools and supplies and then never using them, and I am desperately trying to break myself of that habit. My husband got me a wonderful Cricut for my birthday, and I so rarely use it that I made myself a promise that the next project I made would incorporate this cool tool. Lucky for me, this week's JustRite Friday Challenge: Color! had me thinking of a little way to thank hubby for being so nice to me.
For my project, I decided to make a heart basket to fill with some sweet treats and used the lovely challenge colors as a starting point. The twist this week was to make and use a handmade embellishment, and I decided to go all out with some felt rosebuds (you know I love those!) and I found the perfect sentiment to express what I was feeling. Here are the details!
SPILLING THE BEANS
- Die-cut heart basket with Cricut from card stock.
- Die-cut rosebuds from felt and assemble (not: one die will yield 3-4 rosebuds). Adhere with sticky tape.
- Thread ribbon into basket. Tie bow.
- Stamp sentiment. Die-cut and apply liquid dimensionals. Adhere with glue.
- Stamps: Friendship Set (JustRite Stampers)
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
- Card Stock: Basic Black, Riding Hood Red (Stampin' Up!)
- Fibers: Riding Hood Red Satin (SU!); Ivory Felt (Papertrey Ink)
- Dies: Classic Heart Nestabilities (Spellbinders)
- Accents: Ruby Red Liquid Pearls (Ranger)
- Tools: Cricut Tags, Bags, Boxes & More Cartridge (Provo Craft)
- Dies: Bigz 3-D Flowers (Sizzix)