to view an image up-close, please click on the photo
The fab Design Team over at the Pals Paper Arts Challenge got their color groove on with this week's shades: Tempting Turquoise, So Saffron, and Old Olive. I thought I'd give it a whirl and play with one of my new "toys." This week is also the amazing Kim Kesti's birthday, and I know she loves hand-made flowers. If you read TSB regularly, you know that I love paper roses, too. Alas, they are terribly time-consuming and, well, time is simply at a premium right now! So, I got myself a die and thought I'd use it on my card today.
I made the roses first, running some So Saffron through with the very cool die. Next, I stamped this pretty bird in white hybrid ink onto some Tempting Turquoise so that the elegant little filigree could show through. I punched the bird out with the (oh, how convenient is this?) coordinating punch and punched out the leaves as well. I die cut the shaped panel in two sizes and decided to leave it as a shaped card, adding a portion of a rub-on (I am just all about easy-peezy today) and then finished off with some liquid dimensionals. My sweet little "love bird" looked cozy and nested among the roses.
- Stamps: Punch Potpourri (Stampin' Up!)
- Ink: Fresh Snow Hybrid (Papertrey Ink)
- Paper: Tempting Turquoise, So Saffron, and Old Olive Card Stock (SU!)
- Dies: Labels Six Nestabilities (Spellbinders)
- Accessories: Stream Liquid Dimensionals (Adirondack); Lemon Yellow Liquid Pearls (Ranger); Chit-Chat Rub-On (SU!); Foam Tape
- Tools: 3-D Flower Bigz Die (Sizzix); XL Bird Punch (SU!)