to view an image up-close, please click on the photo
I was so tickled to have been named a Play Date Cafe Challenge Fab 4 that I just had to check out this week's challenge, which is a Color Splash. It's a fun idea to use mostly black and white, with just a hint of either pink, gold, or copper. For this card, I chose copper, and took the Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge as my jumping off point.
To begin, I trimmed five different patterned papers into panels and matted them against black card stock. Next, I cornice punched the top end and tied on an elegant copper ribbon. I knew that I wanted to use one of the gorgeous label frames from Take Note, one of my new Taylored Expressions sets. I love it because there is a matching die and, well, I'm all about the dies! I stamped the frame with copper metallic ink, die-cut it, and stamped the lovely sentiment from another of my favorites, Discover Your Wings. The finishing touch was some black gemstones along the border, and I had a "splashy" card to give.
- Stamps: Take Note and Discover Your Wings (Taylored Expressions)
- Specialty Ink: Encore! Copper Metallic (Tsukineko)
- Card Stock: Basic Black (Stampin' Up!), Solar White (Neenah)
- Patterned Paper: Black Tie (Making Memories)
- Fiber: Copper Satin Ribbon (Ellen Hutson)
- Tools: Cornice Border Punch (Martha Stewart Crafts)
- Accents: Black Gemstones (generic)
- Die: Take Note Frame 2 (Taylored Expressions)