to view an image up-close, please click on the photo
After a lovely weekend, it's time to get back into the swing of things. What better way than with a new 2 Sketches 4 You sketch from the superbly talented Ms. Kazan? For this week's sketch, the Design Team got to work with some deliciously wonderful stamps and we hope you will join us and play along!
I began by rotating the sketch sideways and stamping just a portion of this elegant rose image in three different shades of pink. To achieve the lightest shade, I actually stamped the medium shade once on scratch paper and then again on my card stock panel. Next, I stamped the simple sentiment in Crumb Cake directly over the roses and matted the panel in match card stock, ticket punching the corners. I then created the ribbon treatment by pleating some pretty taffeta ribbon. A line of delicate pearl accents completed my card, and I took it as a good sign that this week will be pleasant!
- Stamps: Backlit Blooms Rose and 'Thank You" (Starving Artistamps)
- Ink: Sweet Blush and Scarlet Jewel Hybrid Ink (Papertrey Ink); Crumb Cake Classic Dye
- Paper: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, and Blushing Bride Card Stock (SU!)
- Fibers: Kraft Taffeta Ribbon (SU!)
- Accessories: Ticket Corner Punch (SU!); Pearls (Amuse)