to view the image up-close, please click on the photo
It's a happy Monday, which means it's time for another sketch from 2 Sketches 4 You. This week's the lovely Laura has come up with a really fun one and I hope you will all play along. If you haven't checked it out, you should know that there are some pretty terrific prizes in store for a talented paper-crafter selected as Card of the Week!
I decided I wanted to make a card to send to my mom-in-law, Susan. I usually wax poetic about how fabulous she is, so this time I thought I'd let my card do it for me. Susan LOVES birdhouses, so this digi-stamp from this week's sponsor was just perfect! Here are the details:
SPILLING THE BEANS
- Make card from card stock. Trim along bottom edge. Border punch card stock and adhere.
- Print dig-stamp, color, and trim. Re-print twice; color bird and wing. Fussy cut bird and adhere with foam tape.
- Trim blue card stock. Adhere bird panel. Attach ribbon and button. Adhere to card.
- Stamp sentiment. Punch and trim. Adhere with foam tape.
I hope you all have a "tweet" week!
- Digi-Stamp: Waking Up Birdie (Robin's Fetish)
- Stamps (sentiment): Tweethearts (Taylored Expressions)
- Card Stock: Crumb Cake, Bashful Blue, Real Red (Stampin' Up!); Solar White (Neenah)
- Ink: Fresh Snow Hybrid (Papertrey Ink)
- Coloring Medium: Sketch Markers (Copic)
- Tools: Border Punch (SU!); Designer Label Punch (SU!)
- Fibers: Real Red Taffeta Ribbon (SU!); Hemp Twine (generic)
- Accents: Pure Poppy Button (PTI)