to view an image up-close, please click on the photo
This has been a doozy of a week. My son started pre-school (without me!), I had to attend a black-tie event (in a hot pink dress), and I finally got to share my big, fun news. The inimitable Nicki Jackson of Clear & Simple Stamps invited me to join her incredible talented and creative Design Team and I'm still giggling with glee. CSS is on the cutting edge of the paper-crafting world and they are known for their chic and fashion-conscious images, as well as their one-of-a-kind iPhone/iPad App. I am thrilled and delighted to be a part of such a wonderful group of amazing designers and I hope you will visit their blogs (see my sidebar) for tons of inspiration.
Nicki was one of the very first to recognize my love of card-making and I wanted to make a card to show how much I appreciate her confidence in my abilities. To thank Nicki and the entire Clear & Simple Stamps family, I thought it only appropriate to use one of their fabulous stamps from a limited edition set called, simply: Thank You. For this card, I was inspired by a trio of challenges: the amazing colors from the Play Date Cafe Challenge, this week's mojolicious Mojo Monday Sketch, and the irresistible Off-Set Scallop Challenge over at Moxie Fab World! So, "thank you, thank you, thank you" from the bottom of my little paper-crafting heart. I hope you will join me in the coming months on my CSS adventure!
SPILLING THE BEANS
- Make card from card stock.
- Trim patterned paper and adhere.
- Trim card stock. Stamp sentiment and apply liquid dimensionals. Mat and adhere to card.
- Punch scallop border strips; adhere.
- Punch scallop circles. Assemble in off-set rounds with foam tape. Attach button and adhere.
- Punch circles from card stock and adhere.
- Tie ribbon and adhere.
- Stamps: Thank You-limited edition (Clear & Simple Stamps)
- Ink: Fresh Snow Hybrid (Papertrey Ink)
- Card Stock: Purplicious, You're Such a Gray-cious Host (CSS); Pear Pizazz (Stampin' Up!)
- Patterned Paper: Fresh Print Clothesline (Little Yellow Bicycle)
- Fibers: Purple Satin Ribbon (Kate's Paperie)
- Tools: Scallop Border Punch; Punch Pack (SU!)
- Accents: Lettuce Liquid Dimensionals (Adirondack); Button (PTI)
- Tools: Scallop Circle Punches (EK Success)