to view the image up-close, please click on the photo
Today is World Card Making Day, which has gotta be one of the best holidays on the planet! This year, I will alas probably only have time for one card, so I wanted to make it a BIG one (literally!) I gave myself a challenge to use something in my stash that I never, ever thought I would use on a card. I chose these giant stickers, which were a part of a fun prize package. I had saved them to use in the rugrat's scrapbook, but never got around to it! So, for my card celebrating this happiest of holidays, I decided to go big when I saw the challenge from Go-To Gal Teri Anderson to make a thank you card using yellow or orange. I thought, why not both?
This is a variation on a tent card, and I ended up loving the bright, spring colors (especially since it has been raining cats and dogs all day here!) If you dropped by today as part of the WCMD Blog Tour, head on over to visit Dawn's lovely blog to see more celebratory eye candy!
SPILLING THE BEANS
- Trim yellow card stock (x2) for card base, front and back.
- Die cut blue card stock and adhere, forming 'tent.'
- Trim orange card stock; adhere. Border punch grass; adhere.
- Apply stickles to letter stickers. Spell the word "THANKS".
- Trim green card stock to form leaves and stems. Adhere.
- Die cut flowers. Adhere with glue.
- Tie ribbon; adhere with glue dot.
- Card Stock: Peach Parfait, Bashful Blue, Wild Wasabi, Daffodil Delight (Stampin' Up!)
- Stickers: Artisan Elements, Alphabet (Pink Paislee)
- Tools: Grass Border Punch (Martha Stewart Crafts)
- Dies: Big Scalloped Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders); Bigz 3-D Flowers (Sizzix)
- Fibers: Daffodil Delight Satin Ribbon (SU!)
- Accents: Orange Peel Stickles (Ranger)