to view the image up-close, please click on the photo
It's Monday! The last months of the year are flying by and it's always good to get your creative mojo flowing with a good sketch. This week, 2 Sketches 4 You has one that is just ripe for interpretation. I have heard from several of you that you often feel intimidated by sketches and feel like you have to follow them to the letter. Fear not! This is simply not true. Sketches are just a terrific tool to get you going and, as you can see with my card today, you are free to interpret them to suit your fancy. Do you see that dark rectangular element in Laura's fab sketch? I just replaced it with a teddy bear for my baby card for my sweet Taylored Expressions Baker's Dozen Design Team member, Jodi Collins, who just had a baby girl last week! Be sure to stop by Jodi's blog for some terrific eye candy this week and to send her some good wishes. Congratulations, darling Jodi, and I hope you and baby are happy and healthy!
SPILLING THE BEANS
- Make card from card stock.
- Trim brown card stock and adhere.
- Stamp border image along edges. Stamp sentiment.
- Trim patterned paper and adhere.
- Stamp frame on card stock; fussy cut. Color with marker, stamp hearts; attach bear sticker. Apply glaze marker dots.
- Die cut frame from card stock. Mat frame. Adhere with foam tape.
- Tie bow and adhere.
- Stamps: Take Note, Tweethearts, and Borderlicious (Taylored Expressions)
- Chalk Ink: Dark Chocolate (Colorbox)
- Dye Ink: Blushing Bride Classic (Stampin' Up!)
- Card Stock: Blushing Bride, Chocolate Chip (SU!); Choice Snow (TE)
- Patterned Paper: In-Color Patterns Pack (SU!)
- Coloring Medium: Blushing Bride Stampin' Write Marker (SU!); Pink Glaze Pen (Sakura)
- Fibers: Pink Pirouette Taffeta (SU!)
- Take Note Frame 3 Taylored Die (TE)
- Stickers: Pre-School Recollections (Michaels)