Monday, October 4, 2010

A Little Mayflower (TE Sneak Peek Day 1)...

to view an image up-close, please click on the photo


If you are looking for this week's 2 Sketches 4 You post, please click HERE.

It's the first week of a new month, which means another fun Release Week at Taylored Expressions! The Baker's Dozen have a ton of fabulous sneakie peekies and I'm sharing my own with today's project. Thanksgiving is one of my favoriate holidays, for both its message of gratitude and reflection and, well, I just love me some marshmallow-covered yams! So, in honor of this most delectable of holidays, I wanted to make a fun and special card that could actually double as a centerpiece for a food-laden table.



I got to play with an adorable new TE set, Gobble, Gobble, which features the singularly sweet Cuppie, this time dressed up for Turkey Day. For the outside of the card, I needed to keep it relatively simple as the card needed to be able to lay flat if used as a centerpiece. When I saw the Pilgrim and Native American Cuppies, I knew I had to commemorate the meeting that first sparked this happy day with something that featured the Mayflower. Lucky for me, I found a template for a pop-up ship card and added a few special touches of my own.


SPILLING THE BEANS
Inside Pop-Up
  1. Print ship template on card stock. Trim pieces and card stock for base.
  2. Emboss ship piece with impressions plate.
  3. Write "Mayflower" with pen on card stock. Trim, sponge, and adhere with glue.
  4. Sponge all pieces and assemble according to directions.
  5. Draw wake lines. Punch waves and adhere with glue.
  6. Trim card stock to form beach. Adhere gravel along shoreline. Stamp sentiment.
  7. Hand draw rock shape. Trim, leaving tab. Crumple slightly and write "Plymouth" with white gel pen. Adhere with clue.
  8. Stamp Pilgrims and Native American Cuppies on card stock. Color with Copics. Fussy cut and paper piece each. Adhere Pilgrims to ship. Adhere Native American with card stock tab.
Outside
  1. Trim two pieces of card stock, large enough to mat inside of card. Adhere back piece with sticky tape.
  2. Trim patterned paper. Mat with card stock and adhere to front of card.
  3. Die cut white card stock. Stamp sentiment and adhere.
  4. Stamp leaves on card stock. Fussy cut and adhere.
  5. Adhere entire front panel to card with sticky tape.
BEAN NOTES
  • Stamps: Gobble, Gobble (Taylored Expressions)
  • Dye Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Rich Cocoa (Tsukineko); Marina Mist, Dusty Durango, Creamy Caramel (Stampin' Up!)
  • Card Stock: Dusty Durango, Marina Mist, Creamy Caramel, Basic Gray, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, More Mustard and Whisper White (SU!)
  • Patterned Paper: Togetherness (Cosmo Cricket)
  • Color Medium: Sketch Markers (Copic); Black Multi-liner SP (Copic); White Gel Pen (Signo); Red and Gold Metallic Markers (Sakura)
  • Tools: Wave Border Punch (Fiskars); Woodgrain Impression Plate (Papertrey Ink)
  • Dies: Bigz Top Note (Sizzix)
HAPPY BEANS
  • Accents: Gravel (from my old Minnesota backyard!)
  • Template: Ship (robertsabuda.com)
I hope you enjoyed my salute to Turkey Day. Don't forget to check out the amazing projects from the rest of the Baker's Dozen and please join me tomorrow for some wintery goodness (wink*wink*)! Gobble, Gobble and other goodies will be available this Thursday, October 7. Thanks for stopping by!

The Baker's Dozen
Charmaine Ikach
Danielle Lounds
Donna Baker
Jackie Pedro
Jodi Collins
Karen Giron
Karen Motz
Melissa Sauls
Sankari Wegman
Taylor VanBruggen
Tori Wild
Jami Sibley
Nancy McKinney - TE Designer

23 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Wow! What fun, Regina! So cute and creative!

Sankari W. said...

GET OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regina!!! You are amazing girl - LOVE the way that the card opens up - holy frijoles WOW!!!! That is amazing!!! Seriously sooo many pure genius details - LOVE it!! You SOOO ROCK girl!!

Kathy Martin said...

Wow! What a creative card! Amazing really! :)

Unknown said...

I saw this in the gallery and said-- HOLY CREATIVE, Batman!! TOTALLY adorable details and just adorable!!

Jami said...

NO WAY!!!

*THUD*

Jodi Collins said...

Oh no WAY! This is OFF the charts Regina!! I cannot even believe what you have created here! This is a masterpiece!

Judy McMullen said...

AWESOME! Going to CASE this one. TFS!!!

Patti MacLeith said...

What a FUN project! Very cute.

Carla said...

Oh so awesome. Your pop up boat is so fun and clever. I love it. Hugs,

Melissa Sauls said...

This is AMAZING!! I'm just speechless!! Love it!

Karen Motz said...

GET OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wait, let me pick up my jaw...this is absolutely crazy amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEE it!!!!!

Nancy said...

Marshmallow-covered yams! Sound amazing too. Such talent, Regina. This is absolutely uniquely fabulous!
~Nancy

starqueen said...

Oh Regina!
Holy Macaroni! Your centerpiece/card is a,azing!
I'm a fan of Cuppie in all his/her guises, but this is one fantastic voyage for the delectable one!
Thank you for sharing!

Danielle L. said...

Are you kidding me?! This is fantastic!!! Wow!

Natalie said...

Whoa!! I'm blown away! This is fantastic, talk about creative and super cute!!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

OMGosh this is the cutest thing I've seen. How absolutely adorable! You are amazing!

Paper is BLISS said...

This is just so cute! I've just finished making a pirate treasure chest and this will make a perfect card to go with it. Thanks for sharing!

Sharon Harnist said...

Totally adorable, Regina!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

OH MY GOSH, Regina, this is AMAZING! What an adorable little card!

Karen Giron said...

I'm with Danielle! Are you kidding me with this totally cute pop-up boat?? Seriously amazing. I'm just speechless!

Taylor said...

NO WAY!! Seriously amazing pop-up card, Regina! I love all the little details! If I had made a card like this is would have a permanent place in my stamp room...a shrine of sorts! I think you need to set one of those up for all your amazing 3D creations!

Donna Baker said...

THIS is F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S-L-Y SO CUTE!!

VanessaB said...

AMAZING, totally amazing! I admire your creativity and work. :)