Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Eat Dessert First...

to view the image up-close, please click on the photo


Our rugrat has the most darling and sweet babysitter. Ally is a true Southern girl, and she has a birthday this month. I wanted to give her a little gift to help her celebrate and I wanted to make her a card to go with it. I was inspired by this week's Scrappy Saturday Challenge, which is to use a bit of pink (okay, I went a bit wild and used a lot of pink!) and Taylor's Friday Sketch Challenge sketch was just the thing I needed to get me going.
I was so tickled by the cute patterned paper in the TE November Key Ingredients that I built my card around it and tried to go for a bit of a retro feel. I grabbed my For the Love of Cupcakes set and got stamping, finishing up with a nice fat bow, complete with a fun little mixing spoon from the kit. I was left with a card as sweet as Ally and I hope she has a wonderful birthday.


SPILLING THE BEANS

  1. Make card from cardstock. 
  2. Trim cardstock, round corners, and adhere.
  3. Trim patterned paper, round corners, and adhere.
  4. Trim checkered paper, round corners. Adhere ribbon and adhere.
  5. Die-cut frame and sponge. Stamp sentiment and adhere.
  6. Stamp cupcake on patterned paper and cardstock. Fussy cut, paper-piece, and adhere.
  7. Tie bow. Color chipboard spoon with marker; tie on with button. Attach to card with embroidery floss and glue dots.
  8. Adhere pearls.
BEAN NOTES
  • Stamps: For the Love of Cupcakes (Taylored Expressions)
  • Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa (Tsukineko); Sweet Blush (PTI)
  • Patterned Paper: Modern Homemaker (October Afternoon) 
  • Cardstock: Blossom (Bazzil); Choice Buttercream (TE)
  • Fibers: Pink Satin Ribbon from November Key Ingredients (TE); Embroidery Floss
  • Dies: Beaded Oval Nestabilities (Spellbinders)
  • Tools: Corner Chomper (We-R-Memory Keepers)
HAPPY BEANS


Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

Laurel said...

How sweet, love the little spoon!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

What a sweet card, Regina! Thanks so much for playing with us at Wee Memories. :)

Carla said...

Oh she is going to love it!!! I love all your details and that sketch is just perfect. Will you make my bows from now on? Yours are so gorgeous!!! That spoon is tops. Hugs,

Ivanka said...

So perfectly pretty!! Love it.

Linda Callahan said...

Scrumptious!

Tasha said...

This is adorable Regina, i just love the little wooden spoon! Fab layout too
love tasha xx

Martha said...

I love the checkerboard paper. Cute design!! She will love it I'm sure~

Ann Schach said...

Delicious card! The little spoon is the perfect embellishment!

Kathy Martin said...

This is my motto! :)

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Regina this is darling! I just love that litle spoon. How cute is that! Pink is always a hard color for me, but this looks divine.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Unknown said...

omg!! this is so cute!!! the color is so SWEET!!

Anonymous said...

Soo pretty! LOve that bow! Thank you for playing along with us this week at Wee Memories :)

Jinny Newlin said...

This is darling, Regina! Thanks for playing along in the Wee Memories' Scrappy Saturday Challenge!

Virginia L. said...

I adore this design, Regina! Gorgeous card.Thanks so much for playing with us at Wee Memories this week!