Our rugrat has the most darling and sweet babysitter. Ally is a true Southern girl, and she has a birthday this month. I wanted to give her a little gift to help her celebrate and I wanted to make her a card to go with it. I was inspired by this week's Scrappy Saturday Challenge, which is to use a bit of pink (okay, I went a bit wild and used a lot of pink!) and Taylor's Friday Sketch Challenge sketch was just the thing I needed to get me going.
I was so tickled by the cute patterned paper in the TE November Key Ingredients that I built my card around it and tried to go for a bit of a retro feel. I grabbed my For the Love of Cupcakes set and got stamping, finishing up with a nice fat bow, complete with a fun little mixing spoon from the kit. I was left with a card as sweet as Ally and I hope she has a wonderful birthday.
SPILLING THE BEANS
- Make card from cardstock.
- Trim cardstock, round corners, and adhere.
- Trim patterned paper, round corners, and adhere.
- Trim checkered paper, round corners. Adhere ribbon and adhere.
- Die-cut frame and sponge. Stamp sentiment and adhere.
- Stamp cupcake on patterned paper and cardstock. Fussy cut, paper-piece, and adhere.
- Tie bow. Color chipboard spoon with marker; tie on with button. Attach to card with embroidery floss and glue dots.
- Adhere pearls.
- Stamps: For the Love of Cupcakes (Taylored Expressions)
- Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa (Tsukineko); Sweet Blush (PTI)
- Patterned Paper: Modern Homemaker (October Afternoon)
- Cardstock: Blossom (Bazzil); Choice Buttercream (TE)
- Fibers: Pink Satin Ribbon from November Key Ingredients (TE); Embroidery Floss
- Dies: Beaded Oval Nestabilities (Spellbinders)
- Tools: Corner Chomper (We-R-Memory Keepers)
- Accents: Button (generic); Chipboard spoon from November Key Ingredients (TE); Pearls (Kaisercraft)