|to view the image up-close, please click on the photo|
My very lovely and talented sister-in-law, Lizz, has taken a big plunge. Having lived all her life in the same town, she has just moved into a new apartment in the heart of San Francisco. My sissy has so much style, flaire, and gorgeous good looks that she is sure to set the city all a dither. I wanted to make her a special card to help her celebrate the big move.I personally detest the act of moving, but I was inspired by this week's Scrappy Saturday Challenge to dig out some patterned paper from my massive stash. I also used the very cool sketch from the Everything But the Kitchen Sink Challenge, which I thought was a perfect way to show off the paper. The little bee has discarded its plain old hive for a new "upscale" and stylish abode, just like my fabulous sister. Good luck, sweet Lizz, on your new adventure!
SPILLING THE BEANS
- Make card from cardstock.
- Punch squares from cardstock and patterned paper. Adhere with glue.
- Trim cardstock. Stamp sentiment and dotted pattern. Tie ribbon. Mat with cardstock and adhere.
- Stamp bee and hive. Color and fussy cut. Adhere with foam tape.
- Stamp hive on patterned paper. Fussy cut and adhere with foam tape.
- Stamps: Garden Party Critters and A Year of Sweet Sentiments (Taylored Expressions)
- Cardstock: Basic Gray (Stampin' Up!); Choice Buttercream (TE)
- Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa (Tsukineko)
- Coloring Medium: Sketch Markers (Copic)
- Fibers: Ivory Satin Ribbon (Kate's Paperie)
- Tools: 3/4" Square Punch (EK Success)
- Patterned Paper: Togetherness (Cosmo Cricket)