|to view an image up-close, please click on the photo|
MYSTERY GIVEAWAY EXTENDED! As I will be too busy this weekend to choose a winner of my Mystery Giveaway, I thought I would extend the deadline to enter. If you haven't entered yet, please visit this post HERE. You have until 3pm Pacific on Sunday, December 5. Good luck!
My husband's grandmother, Rachel, is feeling poorly, and I thought I would make her a little card to cheer her up. She's a plucky gal and we hope she feels better very soon. I was inspired by two challenges for this card, the sweet sketch from Simon Says Stamp and the fun inspiration photo challenge at Jay Gee's Nook.
I loved the red gingham ribbon from the photo, but alas, I didn't have any! Lucky for me, I had this gingham patterned paper, which I paired with a doily, something I've never used before. I die-cut some pretty blooms and added some buttons and hemp twine to my cute lady bug, all to let Grandmom know that we are thinking of her.
SPILLING THE BEANS
- Make card from cardstock.
- Trim patterned paper and adhere.
- Adhere doily.
- Punch holes, thread and tie twine.
- Stamp ladybug, color with marker and apply Glossy Accents. Stamp sentiment. Trim, mat, and adhere with foam tape.
- Die-cut flowers and adhere buttons. Adhere.
- Stamps: Garden Party Critters and A Year of Sweet Sentiments (Taylored Expressions)
- Ink: Real Red Classic Dye (Stampin' Up!); Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
- Patterned Paper: Pawsitively Prints (SU!)
- Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Real Red, Whisper White (SU!)
- Accents: Buttons (generic); Glossy Accents (Ranger); Doily Transparency (TE)
- Coloring Medium: Sketch Markers (Copic)
- Fibers: Hemp Twine (generic)
- Dies: Friendship Blooms Dies (TE)