|to view an image up-close, please click on the photo|
I began with the base, which is a die-cut scalloped circle, scored along each petite scallop's valley. I embossed a circle in the middle as a guide and it also helped keep the base's shape. (Note: you will end up with one extra panel, but don't fret as it will be covered by the top of the cupcake.
For the top, I used a bit of fiberfill and covered it with a circle of felt, gluing the edges down as I went along (Bean tip: if you have a hot glue gun, use that, otherwise Glossy Accents is great.) I cut a circle of cardstock to cover the bottom and hide the rough edges.
The topper is a double-stamped daisy, which I colored with Copics and fussy cut to give it dimension. I added some hand-cut leaves, which I scored a vein on each and a little sign adhered to a heart stick-pin. I hope the friend I will give this to has some big wishes...and I hope they all come true!
- Stamps: Cherish the Memories Nested Sentiments and My Garden Borders and Centers (JustRite Stamper)
- Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa (Tsukineko)
- Cardstock: Pale Plum, Very Vanilla, Pear Pizazz (Stampin' Up!)
- Patterned Paper: Pretty Pastels (PTI)
- Fibers: Felt (PTI)
- Dies: Petite Scalloped and Classic Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders)
- Coloring Medium: Sketch Markers (Copic)
- Accents: Glossy Accents (Ranger Ink); Pearl Heart Pin from TE Valentine's Project Pantry (TE)
- Tool: Scor-Pal