|to view an image up-close, please click on a photo|
Today is the second day of sneaky peekies for Taylored Expressions Release Week, and I have a sweet little project to share. When I saw the pretty heart wreath from the soon-to-be-released Petite set, Wreath of Love (with coordinating dies!) and the cute birds, I just knew I had to make a birdhouse.
My mom-in-law, Susan, adores birdhouses. She has a wonderful collection, and I thought I would make one for her to hang in her window. I adapted a die-cut from my Cricut to make the house, punching a hole to make room for the nest of love birds. For the walls, I used the new Heart Impressions Plate and added rows of the Heart Border along the edge of the roof for a bit more detail. As it is still winter, I considered adding in some snow, but then I thought, why not give these birds a bit of a spring break?
SPILLING THE BEANS
- Die-cut house and roof using machine and cartridge.
- Emboss house with Impression Plate. Punch circle and assemble.
- Die-cut heart border and adhere to roof. Adhere roof to house.
- Stamp wreath twice. Color with markers and die-cut. Apply stickles. Adhere with foam tape.
- Stamp birds and color with markers. Fussy cut and adhere.
- Die-cut ribbon and adhere.
- Stamp sentiment and hearts. Trim. Color hearts and adhere with foam tape. Adhere to birdhouse.
- Stamps: Wreath of Love (Taylored Expressions)
- Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa (Tsukineko)
- Cardstock: Pink Textured (ProvoCraft); Early Espresso (Stampin' Up!); Choice Buttercream (TE)
- Coloring Medium: Sketch Markers (Copic)
- Templates: Hearts Impression Plate (TE)
- Dies: Heart Border (TE); Seasonal Wreath and Basic Bow (TE); Winter Woodland Cricut Cartridge (ProvoCraft)
- Accents: Cotton Candy and DiamondStickles (Ranger Ink)
Spring is coming..really! I hope you enjoyed my little bit of it, and please be sure to visit my fellow Baker's Dozen teammates to see more of these nifty little petite sets (pssst! some adorable V-Day inspiration) and I hope you'll join me tomorrow for a "poppin'" good time.