|to view an image up-close, please click on a photo|
Today I have a two for Tuesday sneaky peeky for Release Week at Taylored Expressions, and it's all about dreaming and the future. This week, Taylor is releasing these two wonderful full-sized sets, Dream Big and Treasure Life, and both are perfect for marking some very special milestones in our lives.
It's hard to believe that June is just around the corner, and with it comes graduation! Dream Big is a terrific set that has many images that are just perfect for those big school moments, for your little one just finishing pre-school and beyond. For my card today, I wanted to create something for an older graduate, something sophisticated and elegant. To create it, I stamped and double-stamped two of the mortar board images to emulate the fun "tossing of the boards" event at the end of graduation -- my hubby would have loved this card, especially as he went all the way with school (he's the resident nerd in our family!)
If you love to collect beautiful things, you will have noticed that apothecary jars are fast becoming a special way to protect and display those items. The new set, Treasure Life, taps into that beauty and I created a card welcoming someone into their new home. Moving always means a fresh start, and I love the lemons that come with the set and placed them inside one of the many jars to choose from. Though I hand-trimmed this particular jar, there are coordinating dies to help speed you along your way!
Hats Off to You Card
Hats Off to You Card
- Stamps: Dream Big (Taylored Expressions)
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko); Riding Hood Red Classic Dye (Stampin' Up!)
- Cardstock: Maraschino Textured (Bazzil); Basic Black (SU!); Solar White (Neenah)
Enjoy Your New Home Card
- Stamps: Treasure Life (Taylored Expressions)
- Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, London Fog (Tsukineko)
- Cardstock: Maraschino, Glow Textured (Bazzil)
- Patterned Paper: Stella Rose - Gertie (My Mind's Eye)
- Accents: Pearls (Kaisercraft)
- Dies: Lacey Squares Nestabilities (Spellbinders)
- Tools: Wide Oval Punch (SU!)
- Coloring Medium: Copie Sketch Markers
Be sure to stop by the rest of the Baker's Dozen for more sneak peeks of two sets that will be releasing this Thursday, as well as a very cool Apothecary Shelf and a new Impression Plate! I hope you enjoyed today's projects and come back tomorrow for some Mom's Day and more Grad Day fun.