Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Let's Celebrate!...

to view an image up-close, please click on a photo



I am in a stamping kind of mood today. So, I did some fun stamping for a birthday card inspired by three challenges: this week's fabulous Mojo Monday sketch, my first foray into the Lawnscaping Challenge Blog with their Make Your Own Patterned Paper challenge, and another for the Wee Memories Scrappy Saturday Color Inspiration Challenge! I love creating my own background paper and for this card, I used the Happy Birthday sentiment Lawn Fawn's Year One set along with the sweet little stars from Plus One to create two different patterned paper.

Nike.com
When I saw this photo of this bright, fun sneaker, I just loved the color combo, which is one of my favorites for birthday cards.
I paired them with an adorable little octopus and a party hat, along with a nice, happy banner. I did omit the three embellishments and and the larger embellishment as there was already a lot going on (Bean Tip: don't be afraid to alter a sketch to suit your needs!) I think I satisfied my stamping itch (for now!)

BEAN NOTES

  • Stamps: Plus One, Year One, Hats Off to You, Bannerific and Critters in the Sea (Lawn Fawn)
  • Cardstock: Solar White (Neenah); Pear Pizazz, Concord Crush, Peach Parfait (Stampin' Up!)
  • Ink: Pear Pizazz, Concord Crush, Peach Parfait (SU!); Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
  • Coloring Medium: Sketch Markers (Copic)
  • Fibers: Baker's Twine (The Twinery)
  • Templates: Medium Dots Embossing Folder (Quickutz)
  • Dies: Classic Oval and Classic Scalloped Oval Nestabilities (Spellbinders); Medium Scallop Border (PTI)


14 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

Regina, I giggled when this popped up in my reader, SO SO CUTE!!!!

Kristie W. said...

This is adorable!! I love those colors together and the bg paper you stamped is neat!

Heather Innusa said...

This is way tooooo cute!!!! I love your backgrounds and the way too cute octopus ;).

Jodi Collins said...

Regina! This is SOOOOO cute! LOVE LOVE LOVE this sweet image and your layout!

Laurel Beard said...

OH how cute is this! I love it! I love all the colors and texture! And your text and star patterned paper is delicious! Thank you so much for joining us at Lawnscaping and playing with our pals over at Wee Memories!

Carla said...

Oh my, how sweet!!! I love those colors and texture. So fun!!! Hugs,

Unknown said...

This is such a great card! I love it all! Great colors, stamping, and that little octopus is adorable. Thanks for playing at Wee Memories this week!

Kelly said...

TOO CUTE! Love the backgrounds!

Nerina said...

What gorgeous colours you've chosen - this card is so festive and happy (love the expression on that octopus' face!!) Thanks for playing along with us at the Wee Memories Scrappy Saturday Challenge!

Marie said...

This cartd looks so fun! I love the colors you've used together =) TFS!

Ann said...

Such a cute image & a GREAT color combo! Thanks again for playing this week in our 50th Wee Memories challenge!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, this is just so cute! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

Christiana said...

I adore this card! So many layers, so much texture, so much joy! What a great job you did! Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Lawnscaping!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

What a fun card! I love the color combo and your color inspiration!