Thursday, April 7, 2011

I Treasure You...TE Release Day!

to view an image up-close, please click on a photo


Yay! It's Release Day at Taylored Expressions! Today I have a special project to share because it includes something that my little rugrat made at art class. He has the most amazing art teacher and she puts together incredible art projects for the kids -- he's three and yes, he made this pretty seashell sculpture all by himself, which I transformed into a keepsake gift that will be going out to family (he made eight of them!)
When I saw Treasure Life, I was delighted because the images and sentiments were absolutely perfect for this gift. I printed out a photo of my husband and our son at his first swim lesson and matted it with vellum, mounting it to the sculpture with adhesive. Next, I stamped the lovely seashells and stones from the set and colored them with Copics before fussy cutting and adhering to a vellum strip stamped with the sweet sentiment. This is actually a very simple gift to make and can be made for any number of occasions.


To make the sculpture, all you need are seashells and Celluclay, both of which can be found at your local arts and crafts store. When wet, arrange and attach the shells in your desired pattern and allow to dry. For these, I also mounted them onto cork coasters to protect the display surface (a piece of felt will also do nicely.) My son's art teacher also mixed in some gold glitter to the clay medium for a little subtle sparkle.

BEAN NOTES
  • Stamps: Treasure Life (Taylored Expressions)
  • Cardstock: Choice Buttercream (TE)
  • Specialty Paper: Vellum (generic)
  • Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa (Tsukineko)
  • Coloring Medium: Sketch Markers (Copic)
  • Other: Photograph
  • Alterable: seashell sculpture (Celluclay, seashells, cork coaster)
The TE Store is now open! Thank you for taking the time to peek in this week and I hope you enjoyed my projects. Don't forget to head over to the rest of the Baker's Dozen for more Release Day goodness!


9 comments:

Jodi Collins said...

Can you hear me saying "Awwwwwww" from here on Long Island? This is DARLING! LOVE!

Ann Schach said...

Adorable and sweet, Regina! And what a special art teacher he has!

Karen Motz said...

This is CRAZY Regina!!! So sweet and adorable and I can't believe he made this himself!!!!!!! It's definitely a wonderful keepsake!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a great project!

Carla said...

Your little guy created an awesome family heirloom! Its beautiful. You need him to sign and number them. *smile* Hugs,

Danielle L. said...

This is delightful Regina! Super sweet, fun and classy all in one! :)

Jami said...

What a sweet project! Your little guy takes after you in his talent for craft projects!

Karen Giron said...

Oh goodness, how beautiful! I love the moment you've captured and the display is gorgeous!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

WOW, just beautiful, Regina!