Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Boys Rule...Taylored Expressions Sneak Peek Day Two!


It's Day Two of this week's Taylored Expressions Sneak Peeks! I have two more cute baby projects for you today (another starring my little rugrat, this time with his happy Daddy.)

to view an image up-close, please click on a photo
First up is a fun frame that I created with the newest addition to the Cuppie line of TE stamps, Baby Cakes. I've been waiting for a baby set starring my favorite sweet treat and when I saw this image of Cuppie reading to a baby cuppie, I immediately thought of my two guys and how much they love reading together. I paper pieced the armchair and book and used die-cuts and patterned paper from the upcoming Alphabet Soup Project Pantry-Boy kit. I love the colors because my hubby will be displaying this in his office!


My second project is a simple little interactive card featuring the new set, Bringing Home Baby. I love this set of images filled with baby room decor items, including sweet accessories, a beautiful crib, a dresser, and this darling window and shelf. After stamping and coloring with Copics, I used a hobby knife to cut around the bottom half of the window, which created a flap to lift -- the perfect size for a BIG announcement!


BEAN NOTES
Sweet Cheeks Frame
  • Stamps: Baby Cakes and Borderlicious (Taylored Expressions)
  • Cardstock and Patterned Paper: All papers from Alphabet Soup Project Pantry - Boy, unless otherwise noted; Choice Snow (TE); More Mustard (Stampin' Up!)
  • Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa Ink (Tsukineko); Ruby Red Classic Dye (Stampin' Up!)
  • Coloring Medium: Sketch Markers (Copic)
  • Die Cut: from Alphabet Soup Project Pantry - Boy (My Mind's Eye)
  • Other: photograph
It's a Boy Card
  • Stamps: Bringing Home Baby (Taylored Expressions)
  • Cardstock: Choice Buttercream (TE); Crumb Cake, Bashful Blue (Stampin' Up!)
  • Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa (Tsukineko)
  • Coloring Medium: Sketch Markers (Copic)
  • Templates: Stars Impression Plate (TE)
  • Accents: Button Brads (generic)
So many of my friends are either expecting or recently had babies, and I'm so excited to create cards and gifts for all these growing families. Don't forget to visit the rest of the Baker's Dozen for more baby-licious eye candy. These sets will be available at 8 a.m. PST this Thursday, May 5th!


THE BAKER'S DOZEN




9 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Adorable picture! How cool that your hubby will be displaying it in his office! Of course, your card is so creative and unique with its "window treatment"!

Jami said...

That open window is so clever and so you! And the scrap page is so precious!

Sankari W. said...

This is sooooo super super cute Regina! I adore the way you did the sentiment in the window and the coloring is awesome! What a great picture and simply perfect matching little image with Cuppie!!! Awwww! Beautiful girl!!!
xoxo
Sankari :)

Karen Giron said...

You are so creative! I adore the pop up window and the photo of your little boy is just darling!

Anonymous said...

SOOOO clever! Love the pop-out window idea! B
Both of your cards are fabulous...

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Regina I've been out of state working and haven't been blog surfing too much lately, but wanted to let you know these are ALL fabulous! Hugs

Melissa Sauls said...

Aww Regina, the project with your two men is just perfect and your window card is just adorable and genius!! I love the open window to reveal the sentiment!! What a great idea!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

These are so sweet, Regina! I LOVE how you hid the sentiment in the window! So cute!

Jodi Collins said...

Oh my WORD! These are FAB Regina! LOVE the second card with the window that opens!!!